Old Friends

It was them. You could see them, but they were all so young again. They're 20's? Maybe 30's? You didn't know, but how? They had all died. Murdered, old age, etc., but still dead. But  they were in fact, in front of you, well kinda, it was one of the effects, but you didn't know that. Jerome didn't either, and he was just as surprised.

"They must not remember us, Ed." Barbra said. "Let's re-introduce ourselves!" She exclaimed. "Brilliant idea, Babs."

"I'm Edward Nigma, but please, call me Ed." Ed died from old age. He was too smart to be murdered.

"I'm Tabitha Galavan." Tabitha had been murdered by one of Barbra's gang members after she turned in some important information on Barbra, to James Gordon.

Speaking of James..."Hey. I'm James Gordon, but you can call me Jim. I work at the GCPD." James died at the hands of an escaped inmate, but was still old at the time, so it didn't really matter, he had a year or two left anyway.

"Oswald Copplepot, pleased to re-meet you. Oh! And please, call me Penguin." Ozzie had came back to life or faked his death on more than one occasion, except for when he had a heart attack, and actually died.

"I'm Harvey Bullock. The sweetest, kindest, and sexiest guy you will ever meet." Harvey died when his girlfriend went crazy and chopped him up.

"Fish Mooney." Fish disappeared a long time ago. No one knows for sure what happened to her. Some say murdered by one of Penguin's men, some say old age. There were a million different theories, but no real reason.

"I'm Selina Kyle." Selina was murdered when she was pushed out of the window by an unknown person.

"And I'm Barbra Kean." Barbra died at the age of 36 from cancer.

     "W-We know wh-o you g-uys are, but" You paused, looking at Jerome , who was already looking at you. Jerome looked up and finished your sentence for you. "You guys died." They all looked at each other.

     "What?" Selina laughed. "Why do you think we're so old?" You replied. Their eyes all popped out of their heads like they just now noticed your guys's gray hair and wrinkles.

     "Shoot." Ed mumbled. They all started looking at each other. "How did I die?" Gordon asked.

     "Well," You started. "Jim, you were murdered by and escaped prisoner at and old age. 69 maybe?"

     "What about me?" Asked Tabitha. "And me?" Ed and Oswald asked at the same time. "Tabby, one of Barbra's gang members killed you," Jerome said, while Barbra's eyes widened and Tabitha stared daggers at her. "Penguin, you had a heart attack a while back. And Ed, you died of old age about 8 years ago."

     "What about the rest of us?" Harvey asked. You sighed. "Fish, you disappeared awhile back. No one knows what happened to you, but they know that you're dead. Harvey, you started dating this girl that went nuts and chopped ya' up." You said looking at the looks of shock on their faces.

     "Jerome?" Barbra whispered, looking down. "Jerome, how did I... How did I die?" She looked up at Jerome. Jerome and Barbra were friends. They had once teamed up to hurt Jim.

"Babs, you... you got cancer and died. You were only 36." Jerome said. She started to tear up. "I didn't even die in a cool way!" She burst out crying. "Cancer!? Fucking cancer!? Harvey got chopped up by his girlfriend! Jim was killed by a prisoner! Fish's death is a mystery! But me!? Nope! I got cancer!" She was beyond pissed by now. "Ummm.." Oswald started. "I had a heart attack. That's not a very cool way to die." Barbra looked at him. "Yeah, but it was a surprise! You didn't know about it! I did! I knew I was gonna die!" She screamed. "Barbra! Cool down!" You exclaimed. "Shut up Y/N! You're not even dead. You don't know what this feels like! You don't know!" She was very angry at you.

"Wait." Someone said. You looked to see it was Selina. "How did I die?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. You looked at Jerome, hoping he would reply. You didn't want to have to be the one to tell her she was murdered at such a young age. Jerome must have got what you meant because he nodded at you and continued to tell Selina the tragic news. "Cat, you were pushed out of a window." She furrowed her eyebrows. "Who?" Jerome furrowed how eyebrows too. "Who what?" "Who pushed me?" His face softened. "Nobody knows." She looked around that sat down on the ground a few feet away.

"Why are you guys here?" You asked. Harvey smiled. "What do you mean? You guys brought us here." Jerome furrowed his eyebrows. "No we didn't." They all laughed. "Not physically, but mentally, you brought us here. It's all an effect from the pills, sillies!" Ed laughed.

"So you guys aren't real?" You asked. "Of course not Y/N!" Barbra said. "This is your guys's imagination!" Ozzie smiled, trying to hold in his laughter. "Come on Jerome and Y/N! You have to had known this! You guys aren't that dumb!" You both glared at them. How were you supposed to know? You both were practically high!

"So we could make you disappear?" Jerome asked. "Cause right now you guys are pissing me off and I want you gone." They all stopped laughing then. "Well yeah, you could," Tabitha started. "But don't you guys want to stay with us and catch up?!" Jerome shook his head. "Not really. Bye-Bye!" He said, and started waving.

"Woah." You said noticing that they all had started to fade a little. "What's happening?" Harvey asked. "We're all disappearing!" Fish said. Jerome laughed his maniac laugh. "Well I told you I didn't want to talk to you anymore!" After about 45 seconds, they were all gone. In their place stood Shiana, looking at you guys with a face full of worry. Once again, you and Jerome looked at each other, but this time you both burst out laughing.