"Of course! Infact I have planned to visit her tomorrow. At what time you can come tomorrow to pick me up?"

Ok. So, I am going to meet my Mom with Julianne. And I have to pick her up too. God! She must be joking!

"I can't come tomorrow. I have few important meetings scheduled for tomorrow morning. I'll send my driver", I said not looking at her once.

"Well you should have left yourself free for this week. You knew that I am coming!", She said making faces.

"I know, but it's important. Besides, my work is my priority, always."

"Well then you need to reprioritise it. Now I should be the most important thing in your life", she demanded.

Really! She herself came here because she had to attend that stupid seminar.

"Well, let's leave the topic here Julianne. Your hotel is here. I am sure you need some rest." I did not want to argue with her.

"You are coming with me inside isn't it?"

"Err... No. I have some work."

"Ok. At what time will you be coming in the evening?"

"I'll let you know later. Now I need to leave. You take care. Bye!" ,I said and left before she could put any more plans of her before me.

I rushed back to the office at jet speed. It was already 12:50 and I had asked Sam to come at 1:00. Although I was still mad at her but still I couldn't resist myself from seeing her. After meeting Julianne, I had become even more sure that I want Sam in my life, desperately. I had to ask her clearly about her and Ben.

I reached office at sharp 1 and entered my cabin hoping to see her. But she was late, again.  I waited, and waited for what appeared to be eternity. Then I called her, but she didn't pick my call. This aggravated my anger to ten folds. She was late and didn't pick my call. How could she! I immediately called Christine and asked her to call Sam and ask where she is. But she didn't pick her call either. It's not that she would be sleeping so late. Then what?
Thoughts of Sam and Ben together started haunting me again. My head became gloomy and I wanted to crush Ben's head with my own bare hands.

I called Christine again.

"Yes, Sir!"

"Christine, I want you to type Miss Ryan's expel letter."

"What Sir?"

"If you'll ask me such dumb questions then I'll ask for your expel letter too. Am I clear?"

"Ye..ye..yes sir. I'll do it."

"Good, bring the letter to me."

"Ok Sir".

As soon as I kept the receiver down I thought what I just did. I remembered last time, I had done the same thing. But it was all my fault. I immediately realised my mistake and called Christine again to rectify it.

"Yes Sir, I am just bringing it to you." She said before I could speak.

"No, I don't want you to bring that letter to me. Just throw that letter away and call Miss Ryan once more and let me know if she picks up the call."

"So, you don't want to expel her?"

"No. That was just unnecessary."

"Ok Sir, I'll keep you informed."

She kept the receiver down and my wait began again. I was just wondering what could be the reason for her delay when Samantha entered the cabin.

May I come in Mr. Taylor?", I was relieved to finally see her. But definitely wanted to reason her.

"Where were you Samantha? I asked you to report at 1. And I called you too. How irresponsible of you!", I asked.

"Actually, I was busy. Sir, I have come here to tell you that I won't be able to work with you anymore. Here, this is my resignation letter. Also, I won't be able to serve the notice period because of some personal reasons", she said and handed me the resignation letter.

I definitely didn't see this coming. I was taken aback. I took the letter from her hand and put an eye on it.
"What the hell Sam? Why?", I just couldn't understand why she suddenly decided to quit.

"I have written the reason there. It's personal I can't tell you." She said. There was determination in her voice and it almost felt humiliating to me. She was not her usual self. This was not my Sam and it seemed as if someone had provoked her to do so. And only one name came in my mind which made me boil with anger. 

"Did he asked you to quit?" I asked.

"Who said?" She asked playing innocent.

"Ben, who else!", I said gritting my teeth to suppress my anger.

"What? Ben! Are you serious. Why would he tell me to quit. This is solely my decision", she said raising her voice.

I looked at the letter once again and I just knew that I couldn't let her go.
"I can't accept your resignation", I said and tore the letter and threw it in the dustbin.

"Well, anyways I quit. I don't care if you accept my resignation or not", she said and swirled around to leave.

Suddenly I felt a pain in my chest. I was hurt and helpless. I just couldn't understand what I could do to make her stay. I rushed towards her before she could open the door and held her wrist, and made her turn around and pushed her to the wall at her back and said looking into her eyes, "You can't leave me."

She tried getting out of my hold but I was not ready to leave her and I tightened my grip on her.

"Oliver, leave me. You can't force me to work for you. I don't want to",she said. 

Her words pinched me hard. She really wanted to leave me. I was forcing her to stay.

"But why?" I asked almost afraid to hear her answer to my question.

"I can't tell you, damn it", she said looking away from me.

She was disgusted with me so much that she refused to see me as she spoke. I lost all my anger and fear of losing her forever took its place.

I put her face in my palm and turned it towards me and said " Look Sam, I am really sorry for my yesterday's behaviour. I shouldn't have shouted at you. I am sorry. But don't leave. Please!"

She took a while to reply. I don't know what she was thinking. But finally she said OK looking into my eyes, ultimately putting my heart to peace.

"Thanks". That is all I could say in return as I moved away from her. I was still shaking from inside. I never had been so weak in my whole life. Thought of Sam leaving me was enough to make me realise that I just can't live away from her anymore. And whom I was fooling by agreeing to marry Julianne. I can't.

She certainly felt embarrassed after what just happened. "I'll be back in a few minutes. Excuse me", she said and left. But I was relieved that she didn't quit.

These two days with Sam had led me change my mind. I no longer needed to be sure whether she liked or loved me to make my decision. I just couldn't marry Julianne. That was clear to me. And I had to confess my love to Sam. I just couldn't let her go away from me ever.

Kindly show your support by clicking on the star button on the left corner if you liked what you read. Thank you :)