Chapter 21

Roman's POV

Everything was dark and everything hurt. Roman groaned as he tried moving his limbs around. His arms were suspended above his head and his toes barely touched the ground. His whole weight was pulling him down from his arms.

There was immense pain at his wrists. He slowly opened his eyelids but closed it again at the bright light. It hurt his eyes. He tried to remember what had happened and one by one, all of the previous events came to him.

There was this werewolf woman... Jane and that vampire who had been stalking him... Devon. They had kidnapped him. Remembering that, he opened his eyes once more with more persistence.

He was forced to look sideways as his eyes adjusted to the light. When he could finally see right, Roman looked around the room.

It looked like an abandoned warehouse storage room. The paint on the walls were chipped off and anything that resembled an item had gotten old through the years.

There was one door to the room he was being held in and no one was inside the room with him. Roman looked up and saw that he was chained to the the beam above his head. He then looked down and saw that his feet were in shackles as well.

He tried pulling them but he quickly realised that the chain and the shackles were made out of silver. It was useless for him to try and get out of it. His wolf strength wouldn't work on them.

But maybe if he applied enough force, he could bend the beam and break it to get himself free. He grabbed the chain that was holding him by the wrists and pulled himself up. Then he pulled it down with a tug, but the beam wouldn't budge even with the weight of his body.

He did this a couple of times before his energy was drained and his wrists started to get cuts. Because the wounds on his wrists were open, as the silver touched them, they not only rendered his werewolf abilities useless, they also started burning.

He needed to rest and collect his energy before he tried forcing it again. Roman hissed at the constant burning pain of the silver at his wrists.

He tried going at it again but the longer he was hung by the chain, the harder it got to pull himself up. All the blood was leaving his arms and making them numb. With a pained sigh he let the chain go and stopped trying. This wasn't going to work.

Before Roman could come up with something else, the door to the room he was being held in opened. In walked a man, similar to his height but he had brown hair. He looked formal in his black dress pants and white shirt. The sleeves of his shirt was rolled up to the elbows and as he got closer to Roman, he saw that the man's eyes were red as rubies.

That cleared up any doubt about the man being a vampire or a human.

He walked over and stood right in front of Roman. The vampire gave a wicked smile and said, "It is so nice to finally make your acquaintance Mr. Denvar. I have been waiting for an opportunity like this for so long." The man said.

Roman's wrists were still burning so he didn't feel like beating around the bush. "Why did you kidnap me?" He asked.

"All in due time Roman. All. In. Due. Time." The man said as he poked Roman's chest at every word. Then he took a step back away from Roman and said, "Where are my manners! My name is Marcus. I am an old friend of your mate's."

Roman's ears picked up on the mention of his mate. Lana. He wondered what she was going through right now. He didn't know if it was still day time or if it was evening already because there were no windows in the room.

She could be worried sick. Roman missed his mate.

And he also couldn't help but wonder how this vampire, Marcus, knew his mate and why would he kidnap him if they were old friends.