Chapter 10

*I added the music so that you may listen to it if you'd want during the dance scene.*

Lana's POV

It was Saturday evening and Lana was driving to the address Roman had texted her. She didn't know what had made Roman change his mind about a cinema date but the setting of it wouldn't matter to her anyways. This surprise date or the cinema or just sitting somewhere and spending time with each other. Any of that would be great in Lana's opinion.

The address was quite far and it was on a country side, covered with green as long as the human eye could see. It was hard to find such empty fields and this scenery change reminded Lana how much she preferred nature to city.

After a while of driving, Lana came to find a relatively large building in the middle of the grasslands. She immediately recognised what it is. From the large dome of it with a retractable ceiling, it was without a doubt an observatory. It made sense why it was away from settlement areas now. Otherwise the light from the buildings would obscure the view of the stars. From cinema to star gazing Lana thought to herself while smiling and shaking her head.

The unpredictableness of Roman was not something Lana was used to. She was used to patterns. The universe and the life had patterns, some interchangeable instincts etched into genes that made the cycle tick and turn. And the gears always turned the same way for the cycle to process. Adaptations and the crawl of evolution ever present but stretched over a tedious million years. Never this fast. The change and the defiance to the usual pattern was never this quick as it is with Roman. When a gear turned to the other direction, would the cycle stop turning? Would Lana want it to become undone?

The unpredictableness of life was something humans experienced. With their short life span, they only witnessed every thing once. But Lana had lived long enough to see that life was unimaginative enough that it repeat itself.

Lana snapped out of her deep thoughts and parked her Camaro on to the side of the observatory. She came out of the car and walked to the entrance of the building. There, at the threshold of the observatory's door, was Roman waiting for her. Roman saw her looking at him and gave a joyful smile. The happiness that Roman radiated hit Lana like a ton of bricks and nocked the breath out of her lungs. He was, with the energy in him and the power, life itself. The embodiment of it. And Lana felt for the first time that she was truly and dearly close to living.

This bundle of joy, seemed to have the energy and will to live enough for both of them in him. The little pup that Lana had claimed as hers was slowly becoming the brightest star in her sky. And she noticed that even if he was a glitch, her glitch, in the cycle of life and eventually made the cycle stop or dysfunction, Lana would do anything to protect him.

She would make sure that bright spark of life would never extinguish.

The realisation of these new feelings toward Roman brought a sweet smile onto Lana's face though her smile could never match with Roman's.

She made her way towards Roman, they were both dressed casual for their evening. When Lana reached Roman, she leaned out with her right hand and grabbed him at his nape to pull him down the few inches of height difference they had. She kissed him possessively, roughly and deeply, full of passion. Lana heard Roman gasp from the sudden, unexpected kiss.

His sweet innocent shock and reaction to the kiss made Lana grin against his lips. When Lana pulled back, Roman was frozen on the spot, looking like he was trying to gather his whereabouts.