Chapter 19

Devon's POV

It was still early in the morning but the group was finished as they left the mutt's house. The covenant leader turned to Devon as they filed into the SUV.

"It's time to set things in motion Devon. You and your team will have a small window opportunity. Do not waste it." He said with a menacing tone.

Devon bowed his head in respect as he said, "Yes Mr. Marcus."

----------------

Roman's POV

After Lana had gotten the phone call, they had both dressed back and Lana had gotten ready to leave the house. She was checking the house security for the third now.

"If anything happens, you have my number. Don't hesitate calling me." Lana said as she opened the door.

Roman smiled at her worry and kissed her. "I will love. You just concentrate on finishing your job quickly and coming back to me."

Lana smiled back and replied with, "Always."

Then she got into her black Camaro and drove away.

That was exactly 30 minutes ago and Roman was bored out of his mind. Deciding on going back to study wasn't a wise choice either.

Yes... finals and his future was important but his sanity was important as well.

So Roman settled down at the couch in the living room and turned on the TV. He found a good sci-fi show but it didn't have much left so in about 15 minutes, when the episode ended, Roman's boredom returned.

He wished Lana would quickly return and they could do something together. Maybe the two of them would go out. It was an idea Roman would share with Lana when she returned.

But right now all he could do was lay down on the couch and continuously change channels. Nothing interesting was on.

Right then, Roman's wolf hearing picked out a sound. He sat up and looked around. Nothing could be seen and he couldn't pinpoint the source of the sound.

Just as he was about to lay back down on the couch, he heard a clicking noise and grabbed the tv remote. He turned off the tv so the noise from it wouldn't interfere with him hearing that sound.

Then he stood up from the couch and started making his way to the kitchen. Nothing was there. Roman checked Lana's office next and nothing was out of the ordinary there either.

Lana would probably want him to call her right now but Roman didn't want to worry her in case the noise was coming from something ridiculous like the washing machine. He would look like he is paranoid and scared at even the little of sounds.

Roman decided to check the second floor to so he made his way to the bottom of the stairs. He took the first two steps but stopped short as his wolf senses caught a scent.

He carefully made his way upwards. He was confused. Didn't Lana tell Roman that the person stalking him was a vampire? The scent he was smelling was a werewolf's scent. It made no sense.

Why was a werewolf inside the house? And didn't Lana leave the house because she was going to question someone? Then who was this? Was there more than one people following Roman?