"A penny for your thoughts?" He said cutely as we neared his block. The mix of cars and people brought the ward to life every afternoon but right now I could only hear the sarcastic tone of his voice.
"None of your business." I regained focus on the sidewalk in front of me. I knew he was smiling beside me.

Around the last corner, we had finally reached the large apartment building and I was in a haste to get inside since it was still chilly. The lobby was no different from a lot of complexes in the ward, just a little more spacious. I followed Jimin into the elevator and watched him push a button for the fifth floor.
I didn't bother talking to him for obvious reasons. I preferred our silent moments just as much as I enjoyed the air being filled with conversation. Once the rickety elevator slowed down to a stop at the fifth floor, I followed him down the hallway to his apartment door and watched him play with the keys.
"No one's home?" I asked out of caution.
"Maybe Hoseok is. The boys might be out doing god knows what right now,"
"You all live together? Where's your foreign exchange family?"
Jimin laughed and opened the door, allowing me to step inside.
"We don't need one. We all put down money to live here,"

I stepped into the living room of the apartment and was amazed that a group of rowdy boys were able to keep the place from looking like a complete pig pen. The spacious area had a few couches which was enough for all of them, positioned opposite to a flat screen TV with a few gaming consoles sitting under it. Everything still wasn't clean enough for my liking, but I had no room to judge. He dropped his bookbag on the floor and playfully ushered me to his room. Sure enough, the skinny boy known as Hoseok was already in there, sitting on one of the three beds.
"Oh you brought your 'friend'," he says with a hint of sarcasm and a wide smile. Jimin rolls his eyes and says something in his native language. Hoseok took it as a cue to leave, slipping a wink at me before exiting the shared bedroom.
"So you're roommates?" I say to ease the annoyance on Jimin's face.
"Unfortunately. But I prefer him and Tae over...the others." He replies with the worst rendition to a horror movie voice I ever heard. I giggled and made my way toward one of the desks in the corner near the window.
"May I?"
"Aw, you're such a lady, [Y/N]."
"Answer the question before I start cussing,"
"Aish! Go ahead!"

I planted myself in the desk chair waiting with an open workbook and a smug little grin. Jimin came over with his own chair and plopped down beside me.
"So what are you trying to learn today, princess?"
"Don't call me that. But I need help with pronunciations and grammar."
"That's all? Piece of cake since you're already adept at pronunciation. Your grammar on the other hand..."

He looked at me as if he wanted to laugh and I glared back like I was warning him.

"Uh... the grammar just needs more work. You'll be fine," he says quickly and flashes that same deep eye smile.
"Mhm."
I click my pen and skim across the homework that stared back incomplete.
"Can you help me with this?" I turn to him. He already has his notebook and a few pens out. He stops staring through his notes to read mine.
"You're familiar with Hiragana, aren't you?"
"Hai,"
"Then I think we should start with grammar first."