Chapter 5

The class erupts with a mixture of concern and laughter as I lay sprawled on the floor. I glare at Hakeem's smug face as I start to get up.

"Are you okay?" Mrs. Brown asks, helping me to my feet.

"Thank you. I'm fine." I smile politely. She looks me over then walks back to her desk.

I take this as my chance to turn to Hakeem. "What is your problem? Next time you try something like that I will beat you up!" I threaten.

He laughs. He can laugh? OH noo he has dimples when laughs. They're so adorab- No. He's a jerk.

"It's not my fault you fell for me so hard. Also, am I supposed to believe that a bite sized girl like you can beat me up?" He says, returning to his smug face.

"I'm average height!" I declare, pouting all the way back to my seat. I sit down and take out my notebook and a pen. I end up glancing at Hakeem during the lesson. He's going to have to pay... But I'm not sure how yet. It'll come to me soon enough.

I turn my focus back to the lesson until the bell rings about forty minutes later. I pack up my stuff and get up before anyone else. I walk right by Hakeem's desk and 'accidentally' slide everything from his desk to the floor.

"My bad." I say with mock concern all over my face. Before he can respond I walk out of the classroom. I have a stupid grin on my face as I walk to English.

"Why you so happy?" Damien says, coming out of no where to stand in front of me.

"I can't be happy?" I ask, walking past him.

"Why are you always trying to walk away from me?" He asks, following me.

"Because I actually enjoy going to class on time." I say, rolling my eyes at him.

"Dåmn. I'm only late because... Well you see..." He scratches his head, struggling to find an excuse.

"Exactly." I say, stopping outside of my English class. "By the way, can you ask Rhondel to drop Ruby home. I can't today."

"Why can't you?" He asks.

"I gotta go... Just ask him please. Thanks." I say, rushing into English. I sit down and prepare myself for the lesson.

---

Finally,  after an amazing lesson on the importance of the Oxford comma, the bell rings. I practically run out of the room and to my locker. There I find Ruby and Rhondel waiting. Well Ruby was getting books from the locker and Rhondel was talking. Although it doesn't seem like she's listening.

"Hey Emerald. What's up Rhondel." I say, leaning on the locker beside mine.

"What's good fam." Rhondel responds while Ruby looks at me with a pleading face. I guess I probably shouldn't make her have to go home with a guy she clearly doesn't like. But, I know he likes her and will get her home safe. So... I'm doing this for her safety.

Before I can change my mind, I say "See you guys tomorrow. I don't want to be late."

Ruby gives me a hug and leaves with Rhondel.

I walk to the library and pick a table towards the back. I pull out my trig notebook and look around. I notice that there are maybe three kids in the library. Two are here together so neither is my tutor. I notice a average height, brown skin guy walk in. He's wearing glasses and a plaid shirt. Looks pretty smart to me.

He approaches my table and I stand up. "Hey, are you my tutor?" I ask.

He raises an eyebrow at me. "No, sorry." He apologizes before walking away.

I frown and sit back down. I notice that the heat is on high in the library so I pull my hoodie over my head to reveal a light v-neck.

I pull out my phone to wait for whoever is supposed to tutor me; I am interrupted by a loud slam of a textbook on my table. I look up and come face to face with...

----
Hey hey :)

What do you guys think so far? Do you like it?

Drop a comment and let me know
Vote if you liked it

xoxo
-Gaëlle