Chapter Thirty-One: Friends

I MANAGED TO survive my first day at school as Noah Kennedy's girlfriend

I MANAGED TO survive my first day at school as Noah Kennedy's girlfriend. And my world didn't completely implode.

It wasn't easy by any means. At lunch, I got as far as walking halfway across the dining hall before I realized nobody was sitting at our usual table. Then I remembered that I probably wasn't welcome anyways.

And, of course, there was the matter of dance practice. If it weren't for the fact Braelynn Vaughn was there to help us choreograph our solos and small group, I'm certain I would've been hounded by more than the dozen or so jabs Kamilah made at me while the others practiced. Normally, Aurora and Violet were around to keep my mind from falling into a pit of self doubt whenever Satan's daughter decided to criticize my technique, or inform me I had no talent. But today, they kept a wide birth, avoiding me at all costs while they practised their ballet duet.

I was more than relieved when Aurora informed the team practise was over. Coincidently, Braelynn hadn't had enough time to work with me one-on-one on my solo, so I'd been stuck stretching and marking the group routine in an empty corner of the gymnasium.

Quickly, I changed out of my tank top and short, and into a band tee and jeans. I shrugged on my jacket and tossed my bag over my shoulder as I made a quick getaway, leaving the rest of my teammates chattering away in the locker room.

I didn't scream when a strong arm grabbed me as I stepped out of the change room. Instead, I sighed happily and nuzzled my face into Noah's chest, inhaling the intoxicating smell of the cologne on his cotton shirt.

"Hello to you too, love," Noah chuckled, his chest rumbling against my cheek.

"Mm, I'm so happy to see you," I mumbled, wrapping my arms around his waist and looking up into those blue eyes.

"Now, I could get used to hearing that." Tucking me under his arm then, he steered me towards the parking lot. "How was practise?"

I rolled my eyes. "I should be asking you that, since I'm pretty sure you actually got to do something. I basically stretched for two hours."