Chapter Twenty Four: The City of Love

Cole's POV

I saw her.

I just saw her.

I freaking saw her.

And now I’m here in my hotel room, arguing with myself if I should Cylene and tell her the whole thing. But one part of me was saying that it’ll just ruin her new happy life.

I can’t just bust in their house and scream, ‘hey Mrs. Carley, I’m taking your daughter back!” Nope. She deserves being comfortable now. She deserves everything she has now.

That’s when my laptop buzzed on the edge of my bed. I grabbed it and noticed that Cylene sent a message.

PurpleGuitarist: How are the travels with the devil?

I sighed at this. Should I tell her?

FireGuy: I’m dying here, Cy. Remind me again why I’m here?

I can imagine her rolling her eyes at my reply. But she did answer instantly.

PurpleGuitarist: Because there’s no changing dad’s mind. He said you went to a dinner party last night. Any interesting things happened?

I froze at this. Cy, why the hell would you ask that?

FireGuy: Nothing. I’s just all boring. How are B and K?

PurpleGuitarist: Still avoiding each other. Man, one of them should make the first move already.

I breathed a sigh of relief at this. At least she didn’t suspect anything. As for Brent and Kennedy, I told Cylene about how Brent feels towards Kennedy. We both agreed that they should sort out this ‘relationship’ themselves. That wasn’t working fine.

FireGuy: Yep, agree with you. Do you think it’s time we should do something about it?

PurpleGuitarist: No. We’re not butting in.

PurpleGuitarist logged out.

Okay, she logged out without even saying goodbye.

Sighing, I put away my laptop and went up to the big glass window. The streets are busy – typical Vegas – and spring was already in the air. I pressed my forehead against the glass and decided to come outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked around the mall, not caring if Dad will be looking for me. Most likely he wouldn’t mind me loitering in Las Vegas because of the tons of work he has to do.

Then I saw her.

Again.

She was in an ice cream shop, busy with her phone and she looked like she was waiting for someone. I decided to go inside the shop and watch her. It’s not like spying or anything, but don’t I deserve to just look at her after she’s been gone for so long?

I stared at her, when that same blonde guy sat in front of her with their orders.

Damn, why was she always with this guy?!

They were talking and happy with each other, and I wanted to march right up there and slap some sense into her face.

God, I miss you, Aesha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aesha’s POV

I looked up at James, who set the ice cream sundaes in front of me. I quickly grabbed the dessert and tasted the sweet sensation in my mouth.