Bring Him Back (Oh, Lookie, Another Special Chapter)

One week later

BRENT’S POV

I sat on the comfy and soft sofa, the TV remote on my lap, a few bags of chips on my left side, cans of sodas on the other side, and finally, a bowl of popcorn in my hand. I was supposed to be out with my friends today, but can’t I enjoy a weekend alone in my house watching a movie marathon?

I wanted to, so I ditched.

As I was about to turn on the TV, I let out a loud groan when my phone went off. Angry, I picked it up without even looking at the caller’s I.D.

“What do you want!?” I snapped at whoever was on the other line.

“Baby, where are you?” an annoying voice asked. Oh, good. It’s her.

I rolled my eyes, “At home.”

I can imagine her pouting her face innocently right now, “We’ll be hanging out at Jini, remember?”

“I know,” I said in a bored tone.

“Then why aren’t you here!?” she screeched in her high-pitched voice. I flinched a little in hearing that absolutely annoying sound. I kind of understand now why Cole broke up with her.

I rubbed my temples and told her, “Just stop whining, Willow. I want to be alone so I’ll be alone.”

“Don’t tell me you’re cheating on me with that nerd.”

I bit my lip at the mention of Kennedy. Why would Willow think that I like her? She’s my former best friend, nothing more.

“Never,” I said and hung up instantly.

I didn’t even care about Kennedy or Aesha anymore. Popularity’s already in my blood and that’s what I just need. It was a shame Cole left the popular group just to be with Aesha.

I don’t care about my past.

I don’t care about my friends.

Not even Kennedy.

Brent, how come you don’t care about her? You’ve liked her for years!

I don’t know, I guess I don’t like her anymore now.

Liar!

I hated that day when I actually yelled at her and insulted her for being a coward. I felt guilt that I did it and mentally scolded myself for it.

I didn’t want to lose Kennedy, really. But all those years she was so naïve and innocent that she didn’t ever notice I liked her, I became fed up with it. She will never love me.

Would she?

I sighed and rubbed my face. I haven’t heard anything form her at all ever since last year. I hope she didn’t see me as a jerky bastard who left his friends to be famous.

I guess she did.

Ugh.

I miss her.

I miss her.

I miss her.

A lot.

Well, I’m not regretting my decision of being famous. I just want her back by my side, scolding me for what an idiot I am. Tutoring me in all my subjects. Her giggles and laughs would always brighten up my day.

I was the only one who saw her beauty.

The knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. Ah, great, it better not be mom.