Chapter Two: The Sister

Aesha's POV

I went outside and inhaled the fresh Autumn air. The tree leaves were dark red and orange in color. They were falling and gathering in large heaps. Warm colors are something I despise, though, I'll stay cheery 'cause it's Autumn. Yes and almost the Best Season of the Year.

Brent and Kennedy are awesome friends. I'm not the loner I used to be with them hanging out with me. Us three together, we weren't popular not also unpopular. We're just average students. Most people wouldn't really mind us at all.

I walked on the streets savoring every cold moment. The best sensation caught me when I took off my top leaving only my yellow t-shirt. As I said before, I don't care even if someone put me in a freezer in the middle of Antarctica. Well that's not I mentioned before, but you get the picture. Put me in the middle of a desert? I'd probably die. Oh did I mention before that I couldn't sweat? I know it cools the body, but I've got another way to cool myself. 

Kindergarten, I met my very first friend: Kennedy Kate Keldridge. She was shy but smart back then, well, it hasn't changed even now. I grew up knowing what my powers were so I was careful with friends. I sat far away from the children, careful not to freeze anything. A brunnette kid walked up to me asking if she could sit beside me. She had the most amazing eyes even though it was black. I nervously said yes. We talked and shared snacks for a while and I realized she's happy and bubbly once you get to know her. But I didn't tell her my powers right away. Kennedy grew up as the same shy and caring girl. Only now, she's a nerd hiding behind thick square rimmed glasses.

Er, storytime's over. 

I stopped in front of a middle-sized two-story house. It was mostly painted white for my sake. It was just a normal house, we can't afford something like Cylene's mansion. Dad passed away when I was nine and Mom's taking care of us ever since.

I knocked on the front door. When there was no answer, I let myself in. Where are they?

"Sean, Shaelon!" I called.

My brown haired brother zoomed past me, clearly trying to get away from someone. He seems to be clutching something.

"Give that back to me, dunderhead!" Shaelon demanded while rushing down the stairs. Oh great. Another sibling fight.

Sean stuck his tongue out. "That's the best you can say?"

"Give it back!"

"Catch me if you can!" Sean teased.

I turned the air cold instantly and the twins shivered. I sighed, "What did you do, this time?" I turned to Sean.

"He stole my makeup!" Shaelon cried.

"Well you'll just humiliate me in the party. With all the giggling, makeup, ugh." My brother explained.  He giggled, mocking our sister then he pretended to gag.

I narrowed my eyes. "What party?"

Shaelon stomped her foot and crashed on the couch. "Look what you've done, idiot. We were supposed to sneak out. Of course our so called babysitter won't let us out."

"You will let us go, right Aesha?" Sean turned to me.

I covered the makeup that he held with ice and I controlled it to my hand. "Did you forget what you did?"

Shaelon was caught texting in the middle of the class. She tried to protest but the teacher caught her red handed. She said that it was Sean texting and bothering her. She gave her phone for proof. Now they both earned two weeks worth of detention and one week of grounding. I was supposed to make sure they don't leave the house while Mom was away.