Chapter Twenty Seven: The Song

Last chapter of Ice and snow, people! Thanks for all the reads, votes and comments! I appreciate it, and I hope there'll be as much (or maybe more) of those in my next book!

-Vireen

P.S. I don't own the song in this chap!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Twenty Seven: The Song

Aesha’s POV

After I left Brent and Kennedy alone, I strolled around the party, hoping to maybe talk to someone. I spotted my brother and Shaelon by the buffet, talking and eating. My stepsister and stepbrother dating, it was kind of awkward for me but love is love, right? Though, I feel really bad for Sean because he’s left out.

I wonder where he is now.

I reached down and rubbed my feet. The heels were killing me, as usual.

I started walking again but I tripped and bumped into someone’s chest. I stumbled back, but the person grabbed my wrist.

“S-sorry,” I said, looking up at him. And then I really wished I hadn’t been so clumsy.

“You should stop tripping like that,” Cole smirked. I glared up at him. Why the hell wouldn’t he just leave me alone?! He had to bring everyone to Vegas!

“I’m going to murder you,” I took a step towards him, my fists clenched, “Didn’t I tell you to leave me with my life.”

“You know very well I can’t just let go of you. Plus, how do you think will your friends feel?” he said calmly.

I didn’t say anything, so he went on, “But you are happy, right? Seeing your friends here?”

“Yeah,” I muttered. He took a step closer and hugged me, “I won’t let go of you, Aesha. I’ll never do that.”

He put his lips on my hair, “You deserve someone who’ll make you happy. And he’s right here. I’ll never hurt you or let go of you.” He pulled away, looking at me with pleading eyes.

“I…I…” I was lost for words. He was right, even though we had our powers, we won’t be hurting anyone anymore. We know now the risk and I also had the ring. What could go wrong with that?

But honestly, I’m not really ready for a relationship after all what happened.

I kept my gaze at the ground, not believing it when I said this, “C-Cole. I…..uh…j-just one more night, we’ll be together. One last night.” I took out my hand, “Will you be my date?”

He grinned from ear to ear and took my hand, planting a little kiss there, “Come on, my snow queen.”

Our fingers intertwined together, we made our way towards the dance floor. My two friends were nowhere to be seen, which probably they’re somewhere alone, together. I just wanted them to be happy because it’s been so long since I began to notice their liking for each other. Both of them were so dense to see it. Though, I was clueless when it came to my own love life, too.

All those days when Cole and I were together, he showed his affection to me. I was too focused on caring about my family and friends. I never thought he’ll actually be hurt when I said ‘no’ to him.

“Cole,” I said.

“Mhhhmm?” his face was buried on my shoulder.

“I’m really really sorry for hurting you before,” I apologized, “I wasn’t thinking at all.”