Chapter Twenty One: The Family

Get ready for James! I love him so much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Twenty One: The Family

Cole’s POV

One month. One freaking hellish month. I’ve – or we’ve – waited for a month and she’s not back yet. My powers are coming great, honestly but I felt so alone without her.

Aesha, why did you have to leave me? I know I did wrong things, I know I hurt so can you please just forgive me? I’m sorry, I love you, Aesha.

It didn’t have any effect on Cylene, though. Every day, she acted like nothing was wrong and soon Brent and Kennedy were starting to do it too. I played along, but I always reminded myself not to forget about her. I lived my life like the usual while I Aesha never left my mind.

I’m beginning to get sick of it, though. Cylene pretending like her friend didn’t run away, like Aesha was never hurt, like Aesha didn’t exist at all.

I lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Aesha, please be alright, I beg you. I don’t want to lose you, ever. I brought one hand up and summoned a flame on my palm. Now, winter is over and spring or March is already here, I can use my powers with ease. But I think Aesha’s suffering now with her seasons done.

I was zoning out and I didn’t realize the flame already reached the ceiling. I quickly put it out and sighed at the ash black spot on the ceiling.

“Cole, are you playing with your powers again?” Cylene appeared on the doorway with her arms crossed.

I sat up on my bed and rolled my eyes, “Just leave me alone, Cy. I’m simply enjoying it.”

“Don’t be too depressed about nothing.”

I glared at her. You think Aesha is nothing!? Well, typical Cylene nowadays, doesn’t even care about her friend.

Thankfully, she did leave me. And that left me spacing out about her again.

God, I miss her.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, “Sup?” I answered it.

“Hey, Cole, you wanna hang out at Jini?” Brent asked on the other line. After Aesha ran away, Brent and I had been getting along. I turned out that we had a lot of things in common. But Kennedy was a little distant and I get it that she wants to avoid her crush.

“Yeah, I’ll go.” I told Brent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey, is that…?” Brent asked, narrowing his eyes. I followed his gaze and saw a familiar brunette. I looked over at Brent but he was already sprinting towards her.

“Kennedy!” he called after her. The girl turned around and her eyes widened. She started running away from him.

I tried to chase after them, but I lost them in among the people. Then suddenly, someone bumped into my back.

I turned and saw Kennedy, on the ground. “Sorry,” I apologized and helped her up.

“What’s up with you and Brent, anyway?” I asked. She took a deep breath and begged, “Can you please cover for me?” she glanced cautiously behind her back, “I don’t want Brent to find me,”

Without giving me a chance to decide, she grabbed my hand and dragged me to the middle of the mall, which is the fountain.

She panted, catching her breath as we stopped there.