"Fin." Her eyes find mine and hold. Her shoulders back, head held high. Her chest expands with a big breath she pulls into herself.

"What is it? You can tell me anything." Putting my hands on her shoulders giving them a little squeeze as if we do this all the time.

Raising her head, shoulders back, her eyes lock on mine. "You're scaring me, Victoria."

"We're going to have a pup." A loss of breath, a terrible deep ache as if I have been punched in the gut. Chest tightening, taking a step away from her, hands hang lifeless for a moment at my side.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure." It's with the greatest control I don't vomit all over the floor. I feel woozy as if the whole world is swaying on an axis that I can only feel.

"This just isn't my fault!" Her voice flings out at me, defending herself.

"I never said it was your fault did I? Did I say anything like that?" The rise in my voice flinches her backward.

"Stop putting words in my mouth, when did I say anything like that? You're always so quick to accuse me of things." Pacing around the room, her body taking a defensive stance as if I would strike her at any moment.

"That's the problem; you're always jumping to conclusions with me, expecting the worst. You don't give me the benefit of the doubt. You don't believe in me. This is it, isn't it, you don't believe in me. You're always so quick to accuse me of things." It's hard not to point a long finger at her face.

The demon pointing his finger in me....

"But you are the worst, Finian. How can she believe in you when all you have given her is the worst of you. She hasn't seen your very best. Always holding back not given yourself completely to her." The demon flinging his thoughts in my face. Turning my back on the demon who has now taken residence on her shoulder. Opening the door, I don't realize I'm squeezing the door frame so hard until it cracks and splinters in my hand. A wooden shard impaling into my palm.

She's still standing tall ready for my wrath that thinks will come. Her eyes, the same leery look she would give her father before he sprang at her. She thinks that I will become her father now.

"I'm not happy about this Victoria; it's my fault this happened. I'm the one to blame for this." Coming to stand face to face with her. Pressing my lips against hers in a show that I will not lay a hard hand her but a soft mouth only.

"I need to go and check the truck to see if we can even get out of here. I just need some time to let this sink in." Punching the wall, I need to release my frustrations out. The heavy dust that's clinging to the ceiling floats down in tiny particles that you can see in the sun's light.

She flinches, body ready for an attack. I can tell in the coil of her muscles, she shifting of weight on the soles of her feet.

"I'm trying Victoria, to be a good mate to you, to be what you need me to be. It's hard at times, I won't lie, you make it difficult for me. You look at me like you're just waiting for me to screw up, that I'm going to let you down."

Memory is coming to the forefront; she never looked at Grey like the way she's staring at me now. She always had faith in him, her savior from the darkness, the light she had always been waiting for. He met her expectations and exceeded them with just the way he was. He never had to try with her; it's as if they fell into place naturally. She's always telling him things how she finds him attractive, how she loves his smile, his hands while they entwine fingers together. Her head on his lap, with Morning Glory blues that hold love, while a strand of her hair twirls around one of his fingers.