(13) I didn't even cheat.

Start from the beginning

"Then we can't get caught. She'll go crying to her mommy and daddy, but there's no way she'll want everyone to know she got her ass kicked." She explains.

"I really hope you're not going to lead a life of crime," I say.

"If the whole college thing doesn't work out, I have a backup plan." She says, shrugging.

I laugh and glance at the clock. "We should get going if we want to be on time," I say.

We exit her car and start walking towards the entrance. "What about the whole fake girlfriend thing? Did he realize you're actually a catch and ask you out?" She asks.

"Sadly, no. But we went out for ice cream." I say.

"Like a date?" She asks.

"Friends, but I'm fine with that. Some people are meant to be alone forever." I say, shrugging.

"Nope. No negativity on your birthday week." She says, bumping into my shoulder.

I walk towards my locker to grab a textbook when I hear someone whisper my name. I subtly glance at the group and see others looking at Lilac and me.

"What's everyone's problem?" I ask Lilac.

"I don't know... I'm usually up to date with gossip in our grade." She says.

Tiffany and Cassy's group come strutting down the hallway, and I sigh in annoyance. "I can drag her to a closet and knock her out," Lilac says, glancing at the teacher-less hallway.

"Cameras," I say, pointing at the ceiling.

"Damn." She says with disappointment.

Alex and Matt walk toward us, and Lilac smiles at Matt. He kisses her cheek, and she slightly blushes.

"Gross." Alex and I say at the same time.

"You guys are just jealous that we're not lonely," Matt says.

"I don't know... Rose and I make a great couple," Alex says, wrapping an arm around my waist. What?! When did this happen? How could you not tell me?

"Cheater." Tiffany coughs when they walk by us.

"That's not 10 feet," Alex says, glaring at her.

"We just wanted you to know that slut cheated on you." Someone says behind Tiffany.

"That's why everyone's looking at us?" Lilac asks, confused. Rumors usually don't travel that quickly... Well, Alex is a big deal.

"We all just think Alex deserves better than... you," Cassy says, staring at me.

I scoff and try to pull away from Alex. He tightens his hold, so I wait for him to speak. "Are you really that desperate that you think we'll believe your bullshit?" He asks curiously.

"We have proof." The girl behind Tiffany says.

Alex and I smirk at each other. "Really? Show us." I say. So everyone who's heard the rumor thinks you guys are actually dating?

"I-I can't. She's obviously brainwashed you into actually finding her attractive." Tiffany says, rolling her eyes.

Alex glances at everyone in the hallway. "If you heard a rumor about us, it's total bullshit. We all know Tiffany's just jealous no one wants her." Alex explains.

Some people nod, knowing that's true. "Next time you hear something from Tiffany, remember she's trying to get attention. Don't give her any. She's irrelevant." He says, shrugging.

She gasps in anger and her whole group trails after her. "What a fucking bitch." I say, crossing my arms.

"I have to head to class early, but we'll see you guys later," Matt says, pulling Lilac away. Lilac flips off the direction Tiffany went in, and I laugh.

"That officially ruined my birthday week," I say, grabbing my textbook and slamming the door shut.

"When's your birthday?" Alex asks.

"April 16," I answer. He nods, and I start to walk towards my first class.

"I can't believe she tried doing that," Alex says in disbelief.

"I didn't even cheat," I mutter.

Alex laughs and says, "Rose, we're not even dating."

I freeze and smack my forehead for forgetting. Wow, you really thought he would want to date you? Do you ever shut the fuck up? Nope.

He grins at my reaction, and I cover his lips with my hand. "Don't be a dick, and rethink what you're going to say," I say.

He pulls my hand away and innocently says, "Me? I would never be a dick."

"I think it's interesting you accepted that Tiffany thought we were dating." He says.

I feel my face heating up and try to control it. "Shut up. I would never date you, so let's move on." I mumble.

"I don't know... You don't sound very convincing. Are you sure you don't like me, Rose?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Fuck off," I say as the bell rings.

"I'll see you later, babe." He says, winking.

I flip him off as he turns in the other direction. It's only Monday, and I feel so tired already. On the bright side, my birthday is in four days.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Thanks for reading! ☺️

Please vote and comment if you liked it! 💫

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋