(3) No, inner beauty matters too.

Primrose's POV

I arrive for my shift at Cathy's Cafe and step inside. On the weekends, I work to make some extra cash. Every penny counts when I go to live on my own. The sooner I get out of this town, the better.

I head towards the back, and my manager asks, "Are you going to your school's Valentine's Day dance tonight?"

"Of course. I finally got a guy to ask me to be their date." I say sarcastically.

She playfully rolls her eyes and says, "When I was your age, I would still go to dances with my friends. Nothing wrong with not having a date."

"Third-wheeling isn't fun either. I'm just going to binge-watch something on Netflix." I say.

She laughs and says, "Have a good shift."

I return to the main area and see someone waiting to be served. "Hey, my name is Primrose. Can I start you with a drink?" I ask, looking at my notepad.

"Oh hey!" I hear them say.

I take my eyes off my notepad and see it's Alex. "Oh, uh, hi," I say. Isn't there supposed to be like paparazzi? I don't know...

"I never got to apologize when I was at your house. I felt rude about our interaction when Cassy suggested snacks. I didn't know she would order you to make them." He says.

"It's fine," I say, shrugging.

"Do they usually treat you like that?" He asks.

"...No. Anyways, is there something you want to order?" I ask, extra cheerful.

He's quiet for a moment and then says, "I'll have two Sprites. I'm waiting on my other friend."

"Great, I'll be right back," I say.

I fill up two cups with the soda and place them back down on the table. I noticed Matt had arrived and asked, "Are you guys ready to order, or do you still need a few minutes?"

"You ready?" Alex asks Matt.

He nods and asks for our beef soup and cheese sandwich. Then Alex orders the sandwich of the day.

"I'll be right back with your orders," I say, walking away.

I wait in the back since there aren't many customers. "Is Alex King really here?" The manager asks me.

"Yep," I say, uninterested.

"Do you think you could ask for his autograph for me?" She asks. "My cousin is obsessed with him."

"Why can't you do it?" I ask.

"I have things to work on here." She says, pointing at a bunch of papers.

"No way. I don't want to look like a crazy fan." I say, not moving.

"If you do this, I will let you get food for free." She says, trying to convince me.

"My food is already free for working here..." I say.

"I'll make you clean the restrooms. I don't make you do that because you're my favorite employee." She says, grinning.