11.

As soon as Cheryl and Kimberley were on the road there was a silence that loomed in the car, although a silence that is comfortable not at all awkward. Kimberley would keep glancing at Cheryl whenever she had the chance to trying to be discreet seemed to fail her however because Cheryl would feel a pair of eyes staring at her.

"I hope you don't mind the car." Kimberley finally spoke. "It's a rental for the week."

"Don't worry about the car you forgot where I'm from anything really is sufficient for me Kimberley really." Cheryl smiled at Kimberley's concern for her opinion.

As the drive dragged on Cheryl looked out the window watching her surroundings become more and more unknown to her. A feeling crept inside her being she usually is used to be familiarity not one for surprises seeing she has had enough of those to last herself a life time. But there is something about Kimberley that Cheryl just trusted and didn't mind. For the first time in a while she found herself not having a panic attack as the drive continued, she found herself in a state of tranquility Lance would be proud of her; something within her hoped her mam would be too.

"So you know Nadine?" Cheryl spoke trying to do something for the duration of the drive for however long they have left of the journey.

"I've known her for almost two years now actually. When we first met it was at the opening of her bar over at sunset beach a few of the surgeons at the hospital came. Nadine never talked to them however, she didn't grow a liking them I think we are the few she likes."

"Nadine doesn't like surgeons?"

"It's not that, she just thinks we are all stuck up and think we know everything there is to know."

"Well she is wrong about that."

"You really underestimate yourself Cheryl. You have more skills that you yourself even know, why not believe in yourself for once?"

Cheryl never answered and Kimberley picked up on it right away noticing that maybe it's a sore subject. In the brunette's mind she silently thanked the blonde today is supposed to be a day without the thoughts of the past ruining her mood for once. With finishing that thought Kimberley pulled up to a building and Cheryl just stared in awe not knowing what it is.

"What are we doing here?"

"Just come out and see." Kimberley parked the car and both of them got out.

Cheryl did as she was told and followed the woman towards the building going in blind sided. She didn't have a great feeling about this but lately Kimberley has never given her a reason to doubt her words, she has always remained true to them no matter what. As the two women got past the automated doors Kimberley went to the front desk all smiles leaving Cheryl to actually take in how the blonde looked. Her hair was in a pony tail with a few strands down framing her face as for her clothes she wore a thin sweater with sweat pants. But Cheryl closed her eyes quickly telling herself that they are just friends, that this is just friends hanging out nothing more nothing less. 'Let's hope my mind agrees with what I keep trying to process' she thought to herself.

"Kim you're here! Justin did mention you have a room booked off." A man greeted Kimberley giving Cheryl a soft smile.

"Did Jay remember to put my name down? I hope the room this time has some working speakers I haven't brought mine." Kimberley laughed and so did the man.

"We got someone to look at the room everything is set. Is this your plus one? Miss Cheryl is it?" The man turned to Cheryl and she forgot for a second as to where she was.