Chapter 2 - I prefer Cheryl.

Love. It's a complicated thing. I've thought about it for a while and all that's ever popped up is that love will always remain complicated. No matter how hard you work at it, love is supposed to be.

Stretching her arms out Cheryl heard a person. She raised her head a bit, eyes opening to look around if this is indeed her home. It is. But the fact that there's now someone there beside her. Thinking back to last night she couldn't remember one bit. Nothing seemed to pop in her head.

"Good morning." She heard the person speak.

Cheryl just sat up her eyes still open wide looking at the naked woman beside her. She can't remember this even happening. Was she drugged? Did this woman happen to pop something into her system?

"Uh hello." Cheryl spoke in return.

"I'm guessing you don't remember anything that has happened last night?"

"Look, I'm so sorry. I just can't remember one detail. I don't have time for you to jog my memory either. So just feel free to use the shower here and escort yourself out. I need to get ready for work."

"Oh alright." The tone unreadable.

"I'm so sorry again...um.."

"Kimberley."

"Oh right! Cheryl."

"I remember. Now hurry run off for work you won't see me when you leave I'll just get away now." Kimberley nodded grabbing her clothes and making a bee line for the washroom.

Cheryl covered her face with a pillow again. How can this happen for a second time?! Surely she could remember. She wasn't wasted. Was she? There's no time for these thoughts anyways, her shift is starting again.

-

"Looks like someone is running late." Lily spoke up a smirk rising up on her face.

"Slept in." Cheryl replies nonchalantly.

Sarah on the other hand is definitely not buying the excuse the brunette told. Surely Cheryl looks like the type who has everything planned out. All her alarms scheduled. Nothing out of place. 'Sleeping in' seems out of character. Sarah walks over to Cheryl and slightly sniffs her, a whiff of beer and martini comes through gaining yet another smirk off of Sarah.

"Had fun at a bar right Cheryl?" Sarah brought up her observation.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Cheryl brushed it off.

"We're friends now no need to hide anything. Besides I'm sure myself and England over there have done worse than you little miss angel." Sarah laughed along with Lily.

"Correction we are co workers." Cheryl got finished getting ready heading out the door passed the two who care far too much about her own business.

-

The interns started off their days with rounds. Specifically going around each patient and answering questions about them. It's how they get patients. Although Williams does it to the point where her interns are scared to death.

"Versini go. What's wrong here." Williams pointed at Cheryl expecting her to freeze so she can add yet another laugh onto her list today.

"Carissa Wright. 5 years old. Shes had trouble breathing since she was born and keeps coming back for monthly checkups." Cheryl answered with confidence putting a frown and a smile to Williams face.

"Good. Now what can we do in order to help find out what is wrong with her?"

"Run every test possible. Cross out all the possibilities off the list. If breathing problems persist during tests get a breathing tube and insert down the trachea to help."