Chapter 1 - You don't know me.

Authors note: this story is very similar to greys anatomy, at least this first chapter is! No one is famous. This story will be written in third person!! The italics in the beginning and the end of the chapter however is Cheryl's own thoughts.

We all wish for things to be the easiest they can be. To do no work, live through life walking the easy pathway. Take the easy route. Zero complications. Nothing to worry about. That's what I used to think...

The alarm clock went off abruptly shaking Cheryl out of her deep sleep instantly. She didn't realize where her surroundings were. The brunette scanned the room then sighed with relief, she's in her own house thankfully. After last weeks mix up of waking up to a complete strangers home she has never failed to ensure that she's in her own house whenever her eyes open. Picking up her phone Cheryl saw the time her eyes widening. 7:30.

Right away she took the covers off her body and scrambled out of bed putting on any clothing item she can find, trying to make everything matches of course. She took the risk of not following in her parents foot steps. She will make them proud, she put far to much on the line. Looking into the mirror one last time the brunette nodded and sighed.

"Today is the first and last day of my life." Cheryl said to herself before grabbing her keys off the shelf and heading out the door.

Walking into the room late was bad enough as it is. Some heads turned others flinched but never gave her any notice, thank god. The man leading the group of young adults looked up at her then continued to talk once again.

"Welcome, all of you. Take a look around. This will be your new home now. All of you will live and breath in this hospital. Some of you will crack under the pressure, others will choose to get switched. This is no longer a school, this is a game. Be prepared to see what life has thrown at you. Medical school was a test, this is how you apply everything you've ever learned. Welcome to the next years of your life as surgeons."

The man once again looked at her making the brunette gulp with nervousness. There's not going back now. Her parents aren't here anymore, this is her doing, her choice, her move. Everyone started to pile out of the operation room. Then moving straight towards their locker room, the intern shed some of the attending surgeons said. It's where the fresh blood gather for rounds, talk amongst themselves and just where they contemplate as to why they made this choice.

"Hey brunette!" Cheryl turned around as she tied up her shoes.

"Me?" Cheryl pointed to herself.

"Who have you got?" The blonde walked up to her.

"Williams. You?" Cheryl stood up adjusting herself making sure she was in proper order.

"Sweet same! I'm Lily. Lily England." She stuck out her hand.

"Cheryl. Cheryl Fernandez-Versini." Shaking the blondes hand was rather weird to her. She recently moved from the big apple to the west coast. Talk about a fish out of water.

"Come on we better get ready for rounds." Lily told Cheryl as both walked out ready to see what they have to face day in and day out for the next couple of years.

"That's Williams?" Cheryl pointed at the lady.

"What were you expecting short stuff? Williams is the best resident they have here. We're lucky to have her." Another blonde stood beside her.

"Excuse her, she has no filter really. I'm Nicola Roberts. This is Sarah Harding."

"Cut the introductions Roberts." The shorter lady otherwise known as their resident. "Welcome fresh meat! Now for the next year or so you will be answering to me. You will answer every page I get, if I call for you no walking you run. I don't want any wimps, you will be facing through very serious injuries so if you're squeamish well better walk out that door now."