Chapter Thirteen

"Looks like Jackson actually has a chance of winning this" Bob announced as Chick laughed. "Good job Lightning, once more you have failed as a coach" he shouted as Lightning moaned annoyed.

"Cruz what happened?" Lightning questioned worried. "I dont know..one second I was in the lead the next I'm behind him!" Cruz panicked. "Dont worry just breathe, you will get your chance back soon" Lightning reassured her.

"Yes! Finally you dont stink!" Leo cheered as Jackson frowned looking in the mirror, Cruz seemed to be struggling. "Dont worry about her she's fine!" Leo hissed as Jackson frowned and continued. Once Cruz got out of the heard of other cars she made her way to Jackson fast.

"Watch out she's catching up to you" Leo warned as Jackson swirved in front of her so she couldn't pass him. Cruz tried to pass him but it failed everytime. "Ladies and Gentlemen I don't believe it! Jackson is one lap away from winning today's race! And Cruz is right behind him...LITTERALLY!" Darell yelled excitedly as everyone in the crowds started to cheer as well.

"No this cant be happening!" Cruz teared up. She thought deeply about what Sally told her... "He said that he was using you..to throw you off of your game at the races..". what if she was right, she looked down as tears started to fall, she was a mess and even though she yelled and promised him that she was over him she still wasn't.

"Cruz what's wrong? you seem to be slowing down" Lightning panicked. "I'm a mistake...I should have stayed as a trainer.." She whispered as she tried wiping her tears away. Jackson noticed this and looked down. Was it all really worth it? He made the best thing in his life feel like the worst mistake... He looked up as he came to a conclusion.

He turned to the right as he slowed down. "...what?" Cruz sniffed as she noticed this. "What are you doing Storm" Leo hissed. "I dont care about winning and being number one cause as long as she likes me, thats all I need to win at" he said as he looked at Cruz. "Oh how sappy of you! Why dont you get a life!" Leo yelled.

"You know what, maybe I should, and it starts with me firing you!" Jackson yelled as he threw his headset off. Leo yelled annoyed as he stomped away which made Lightning smirk a bit. He already liked Jackson more. "Jackson Storm has moved out of the way in an act we think is true love!" Bob announced as Darell Awed. "True love? What does true love have to do with racing?!" Chick asked confused.

Cruz smiled a bit as she sped up. She crossed the finish line as everyone cheered, her coming first and Jackson as usual, coming second. She stepped out of the car and stared at Jackson as he leaned against his car staring at her as well. "Hey..." She said as she walked up. "Hey" he replied.

"i-im sorry for what I said before..that wasn't like me at all" Cruz looked down embarrassed. "Its fine, I would be mad too if someone used me..." Jackson looked down as well. "Yea but..what about Leo?" She questioned. "What about him? I fired him" Jackson smirked as Cruz laughed. "your unbelievable" she giggled. "You have no idea" he said before he grabbed Cruz and pulled her into a kiss.

The audience cheered and screamed as they watched. "okay that is pretty sweet actually" Chick sniffed as Bob and Darell laughed. "wow" Cruz said as she looked at him smiling widely, he laughed as she hugged him. "I missed you so much" she whispered. "Same here.." He hugged back. Once they finished hugging a crowd of people ran up to Cruz as they cheered and carried her away. Jackson laughed as she shrugged.

"Hey" Lightning said as he walked up to Jackson. "Hi Lightning.." He frowned a bit. "I know you could be a huge jerk at times...but I'm willing to start over if you are" Lightning said as Jackson smiled. "That would be awesome" Jackson smiled as Lightning nodded agreeing.

"Hey everyone look! My two favorite boys are friends again!" Cruz cheered as Lightning and Jackson laughed. "Should we go follow her?" Jackson asked Lightning. "Yea I think so, after all I'm always going to be looking out for her" Lightning said as Jackson agreed as they walked behind the crowd talking to one another, ending an old fewed and beginning a new friendship.

   The end

Hey guys thanks so much for reading this book you have no idea how much it means to me! If you guys want a second book leave comments below and I will try to update you on what next book is in store! One more thanks a ton!

-homeofallfandomz