Chapter six:

"Where is she? She needs to be here somewhere" Lightning mumbled as he and Sally arrived at the party. "Whoa, this party is huge, good luck finding her.." Sally said as Lightning looked at her seriously. "Stickers im kidding, you need to calm down! She's not your daughter" Sally laughed a bit, "I know, but that doesnt mean that I cant still look out for her..." Lightning said as he parked the car and headed out. "She is fine! Its not like she's doing something where she can get hurt..." Sally shrugged as Lightning gasped.

"What?" Sally questioned. "Shes on the roof.." Lightning breathed out. "No she isn't why would you even-" Sally got cut off as he turned her head towards the roof where a very visible yellow dress shined through the evening. "Oh no, she's on the roof.." Sally breathed out as well , "AND SHES WITH JACKSON?!" Lightning yelled as he ran into the party.

"Lightning wait!!" Sally yelled as she followed.

"its so pretty up here" Cruz smiled as she looked over the edge. "Yeah, it is.." Jackson smiled as he looked over as well. Cruz turned to look at him , she smiled a bit. "..what?" He questioned as Cruz stared at him smiling. "You have a really nice smile, and I can see its a genuine smile and not that fake one you always do..." Cruz said as she sat on the edge beside Jackson. "What?" He asked almost offended. "What?" Cruz asked back now sweating nervously.

"well what can I say? Its been a very long time since I truly smiled.." Jackson said looking away. Cruz thought. "hey...do you remember when we met at the Florida 500 after party?" Cruz questioned as Jackson blushed a bit. "Yea...how come?" He played dumb as she smiled looking forward. "Remember how you actually congratulated me, remember how you told me that I was a good racer and not that bad looking?" she laughed as he covered his face in embarrassment.

"And the best part is when you told me that since I was a good racer and cute that we would make an undefeatable champion" she bursted out laughing. "That was so long ago, plus I had a lot of drinks that night, it wasent good the next day I'll tell you that.." Jackson said as he looked away again. "Nah, it was sweet" she smiled as they met each others gaze.

"Say something nice to her...say she has pretty eyes...or uh..I dont know..." Leo panicked as he tried finding something to compliment Cruz about. "...you, you look really pretty tonight" Jackson said as he took the chip out and threw it away. "O-oh, thanks.." Cruz giggled a bit as she looked away.

"where is she? She is so grounded when I get to her.." Lightning mumbled to himself. "Lightning.." Sally said annoyed. "NO! SHE IS TRUST-" Lightning got cut off as he noticed probably the most annoying person in racing history... Chick...

"Hey McQueen, or should I say, MC-STINK" he blurted out as he laughed. "Haha, very funny Chick...but I'm busy so if you can just get out of my way-" "how does it feel to train someone instead of racing? Boring isn't it? nah, your old you probably like it.." Chick laughed as Lightning rolled his eyes and walked away. "Stickers, calm down, why don't you try to relax?" Sally said as she stopped him. "I can't...not when shes hanging out with him.." Lightning looked away.

Sally smiled, "you know, you would be a perfect father, really" she said as he looked down. "..am I that old?" He asked a bit hurt. Sally smiled in a
Simpathetic way. "...well come on, we still have to find her!" Sally said as she grabbed his hand and went towards the roof entrance.

"...can I..tell you something?" Jackson blushed as he moved closer. "Yea..." Cruz blushed as she moved closer as well. "you are really cute.."  Jackson half whispered as Cruz starred at him with sparkling eyes. He starred back at her with sparkly eyes aswell, He leaned in closer as she closed her eyes and leaned in as well. "was this actually happening?" Cruz thought. She got cut off as she heard the door bang open.

They turned to see a very angry looking Lightning and Sally. "...I'm sorry Cruz I tried to stop him.." Sally whispered. "You. Here. Now" Lightning gritted his teeth. "Uh...I'll be back in a second..." Cruz said awkwardly as she walked towards Lightning and Sally. "Hey McQueen" Jackson waved smiling. Lightning moaned annoyed as he pulled Cruz back into the party.

"What are you doing?! I was talking to him!" Cruz said annoyed. "Oh well from what i saw you guys werent talking much at all.." Lightning laughed sarcastically. "Oh come on!" Cruz blushed. "we seriously need to talk,you dont see things that I clearly do.." "No! Your just being overprotective!" Cruz yanked her hand away. "Maybe I am, but its for the best! Just trust me okay?" He pleaded. "...fine" Cruz huffed.

"Can I at least say goodbye?" Cruz asked shyly. "...fine" Lightning huffed. Cruz smiled as she ran back out to the roof. Jackson ran a hand through his hair, everything happened way to soon, he felt bad for leading her on, he felt bad for using her... He opened the door to go back in but ran right into Cruz.

"O-oh hey, Cruz i need to tell you something" Jackson frowned a bit. "same here!" Cruz said as she pulled on his shirt, pulling him into a kiss. Jacksons eyes widened, then melted into the kiss.

Cruz then pulled away as they both stared at each other bright red. "s-sorry.." She blushed and laughed. "I-its okay.." Jackson laughed back. "So uh...W-when can I uh, see you again?" Cruz figited with her hands as she looked down. "..Thursday?" Jackson replied. "..okay" she looked up smiling. He smiled back at her. "Bye.." She giggled a bit as she ran back in. Jackson felt horrible but couldn't help but smile a ton.

His smile faded away when he saw Leo walk in. "Congratulations Jackson" he smirked. "You got her" He added as he patted Jacksons shoulder. "Yea..I did.." He looked down and smiled shyly. "...dont tell me you actually like her.." Leo looked at him annoyed. "Can you just, let me enjoy a party for once? Gosh you ruin everything!" Jackson yelled as he walked back into the party.

"Watch your back Lightning, your favorite little bundle of pride and joy is getting hit hard by reality soon...and when that happens, I'll be where I'm suppose to be.." Leo said as he watched Lightning, Sally and Cruz walk out of the party smiling.

Hey guys! Hoped you liked that chapter, I got the whole ear chip idea off of Trolls to be honest (when Poppy is telling Bridget what to say to the king)

Things are getting pretty intense..make sure to stay in tune to find out what happens!
-homeofallfandomz