Chapter two:

The flag went down as the cars zoomed forward. Cruz took the lead as she drove past other cars, Jackson followed behind. "Dont let him pass on the right, he's trying to trick you" Lightning called as Cruz nodded and blocked Jackson from passing. "What the hell!?!" Jackson yelled annoyed.

"You better find a way to pass her soon or your going to be behind her for the whole dang race!" His coach, Leo yelled. "I know!" Jackson yelled as he sped up, finally taking the lead. Cruz frowned a bit as she felt the trophy slipping out of her hands. "Don't give up now Cruz, you still have a lot more laps to pass him" Lightning reassured her as she smiled a bit.

After what seemed like forever the cars went in for the last pit stop. Cruz drove up fast as she noticed Jackson in front of her.  "there are three laps left, you got this!" Lightning said as all the others agreed. "Thanks guys, I'm gonna win this for us!" She smiled. Jackson watched from behind then turned around, waiting for the pit team to finish changing his tires. Leo walked up to the window and looked at him with a disappointing face.

"Are you here to give me some good advice or compliments?" He joked, "advice Hmm? Well let's see, don't loose and maybe people will like you?" Leo said annoyed as he walked away. Jackson looked he looked again at the mirror and saw Cruz and Lightning and their team. They were laughing, complimenting one another. Jackson smiled a bit wondering what that felt like... He snapped back into reality when he saw Cruz head back out.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? HURRY!" Leo yelled as Jackson stepped on the pedal and rushed after her.

"It seems that Cruz has begun to take the lead again!" Bob announced. "Better luck next time!" Darrell added as they laughed. "No way, NOT TODAY" Jackson yelled as he tried catching up but was caught behind her. "Your doing great! only one more lap to go! you have to be careful though, Jackson might have another plan up his sleeve.." Lightning warned Cruz. she looked in her mirror as she saw Jackson behind her.

"There is two more turns to go for Cruz Ramierz and she will be the winner of this season" Darrell cheered as the crowd went wild. "THERE IS NO WAY SHE IS TAKING THIS FROM ME!" Jackson screamed as he tried finding a way past her. she noticed this and swerved to the right to block him off, then the left, and the right again, Jackson finally broke out of it and was now tied with Cruz at the ending, only seconds away from the finish line. "this is it! who will the winner be?" Bob said as Cruz and Jackson were neck and neck. "Come on, come on!Don't ruin this now!" Jackson's coach pleaded. Lightning looked at him then back at the track where he could see Cruz, "Come on Cruz, you got this..." He told himself.

"Your not going to win you know that!" Jackson yelled to Cruz as they drove. "Yea but even if i don't, I win at something you will never win at" she replied. "Oh yea? and whats that, losing to me?" Jackson laughed. "Nope, having good friends who will always have my back" she said as she looked at him dead in the eyes. His eyes widened as he paused for a second, slowing down a bit. "what..." he breathed out as Cruz took the lead. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING?!" Leo shouted in rage. Jackson realized and tried to speed up but was too late. Cruz passed the finish line first as everyone cheered. "NO!" Jackson yelled angrily, he would never get the end of this from Leo...

"I cant believe it! Cruz Ramierz has won the series! A rookie has won the series!" Bob and Darrell cheered. "guys i won!" Cruz cheered as Lighting and the others ran to congratulate her. Jackson stepped out of his car and sighed as Leo rushed to him and started to yell, he frowned as he looked at Cruz who was randomly staring back at the same time. she smiled a bit and shrugged as he rolled his eyes, looking down while smiling a bit, she sure was something else... "ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?!" Leo yelled as Jackson moaned annoyed. Cruz laughed a bit as she headed towards the pits with the others.

After the trophy ceremony Cruz hopped off the stage, hugging her prize. "I cant believe i won still!" She said excitedly as Lightning smiled. "You deserved it, hey why don't we all go out to get some sushi or something?" Lighting said as she agreed, she then remembered about Jackson. "hmm, can we invite someone?" she asked, "Sure, who?" he questioned. She whispered in his ear as his eyes widened. "your not serious are you?" he pleaded. she laughed as she ran up to the other racer who was sitting by himself.

"Hey!" she smiled. "...what?" he asked not in the mood. "Me and Lightning are going to go get some sushi... you still up?" she said as she sat beside him. "please Ramierz, i can think of about 100 better things to do then to hang out with you and Lightning" he mumbled, "plus, you said i don't have any friends" he added. "I know, I came here to apologize for that too...sorry?" she smiled friendly. He looked at her frowning almost. "Come on! ill make it up to you" she said as she stood up and tried pulling him up by his arm. "I don't want to..." he lied as he tried pulling his hand back. "come on!" she insisted as she kept pulling his arm. "Cruz, stop it..." he blushed a bit as he looked down.

"don't be so uptight!" she argued back, he tried yanking his arm away but instead, pulled his arm down so now she was holding his hand. His head shot up as he blushed bright red. "whoa, you okay?" she laughed a bit. All of Jacksons emotions had gone crazy and didnt know what to say, of course he wasen't okay, he did what he would always do in a situation like this..."You asked me to go get sushi with you and i said no, why don't you get it through your stupid head that not everyone likes you or wants to be your friend?!" he yelled as he yanked his hand away and stormed off (see what i did there lolol). Cruz stood there speechless as Lightning walked up to her.

"i-i only tried to..." "i know Cruz, i know, lets just go...its his loss anyways" Lightning said as she frowned and followed him. Jackson kept walking, now very embarrassed and ashamed, he turned around and looked at her, then looked ahead. "why is she even bothering me?" he asked himself, "there are plenty of other racers to hang out with..." he added. No matter how much he pretended to be angry at Cruz it didnt work, she was right. He had no friends, not even one..He stopped when he heard his phone go off, it was Leo texting, telling him its urgent. he sighed as he made his way towards the truck where Leo told him to meet him. "what?" he questioned. "lets get something to eat you look hungry, no one asked you to join them?" Leo asked, Jackson looked down, "whatever i don't care, lets go, we need to talk about a great idea i just came up with..." Leo said as they got into the truck and started to head off.

Hey guys thanks for all the positive feedback, I was thinking of updating the story every twice a week, I dont know which days though but I will promise to work on it alot because I just finished school so there will be lots more dont worry!- homeofallfandomz