Chapter five:

"Okay Cruz you got this..." she told herself nervously as she approached the party's destination. It was a nice looking place, some type of convention center. She parked her car as she started to walk in. She noticed some of the other racers that she talked to before were entering. "Hey guys wait up-" Cruz yelled before she got cut off as a car was only seconds away from hitting her. "HEY?! WHATS YOUR PROBLEM!" Cruz yelled at the driver. The window rolled down as Jackson stuck his head out confused. "o-oh, hey Jackson!... i didn't mean to yell at you..." she panicked. "Remember, you need to charm her...make her like you" Leo's voice echoed in his head. "its okay, it was my fault anyways" he said as she smiled a bit.

"its fine, i was being over dramatic anyways..." she added as they stood in silence. "Uh, i kinda have to park..." Jackson chuckled a bit, "o-oh shoot! sorry..." Cruz looked down embarrassed as she moved out of the way. Jackson thought for a second, "Hey... wanna tag along? i have to park pretty far and its probably going to be a lonely walk, since i don't have friends and all..." he said as she laughed a bit. "Oh come on, i told you i was sorry" she giggled. "so, you coming?" he questioned. "...okay" she blushed a bit. She got into the car as they drove off. She liked this, maybe she was right about just getting him to open up, just maybe...

-meanwhile-

Lightning paused. "Hey are you okay?" Sally questioned. "I don't know, i feel like something is wrong..." Lightning frowned. "Your worried about her, don't worry! shes a grown up she can take care of herself!" Sally reassured him. "hmmm, I don't know..." Lightning mumbled. "...you want to go check on her?" Sally questioned. "Yes please..." he sighed as she smiled.

-back to the party-

Cruz and Jackson walked into the party, they noticed a lot of the other racers but weren't paying attention to them because they were enjoying each others company more. "Hey want a soda?" Cruz asked, "sure that would be awesome" he replied. She smiled as she went to go get two. Jackson smiled a bit until he felt a pat on his shoulder, it was Leo.

"Ugh what are you doing here..." Jackson moaned annoyed. "I'm here so you dont mess up!..here" Leo said as he handed Jackson a little chip. "What is this?" Jackson asked confused. "Its a mini mic, I will tell you what to say and you will tell them to Cruz okay?" He smiled devilishly as Jackson looked at him annoyed. "That's probably one of the dumbest plans I have ever heard..." He mumbled.

"Just shut up and do it" Leo said gritting his teeth as Jackson sighed putting the chip in his ear. "There!" He crossed his arms. "Good, shes as good as ours" Leo said as he walked away. "Good as ours or mine?" He asked annoyed until he noticed Cruz coming back. "Hey! I didnt know which soda you wanted so I got you Coke" she smiled as she handed it to him. "Thanks" he said as he took the drink.

"Why dont you ask her to go to the roof?" Leo talked into the chip. "Hey do you want to talk somewhere quieter?" Jackson asked Cruz. "..sure!" She nodded smiling. "okay, now grab her hand and take her to the roof" Leo said as Jackson panicked. He started to have flashbacks of the day before when she grabbed his hand...

"why don't you get it through your stupid head that not everyone wants to be your friend?!"

He let go of the thought as he grabbed Cruz's hand. She blushed a bit but smiled as he lead her to the roof.