Chapter eight

Cruz drove around the beach as Lightning timed her. "So, how did i do?" Cruz asked excitedly. "Not bad for a start, not adding how it took us half an hour to wait for the crabs to go back into the water.." Lightning huffed. "the crabbies are more important than my racing career" Cruz stated as they laughed again."So,hows things going with you and Jackson?" Lightning asked as Cruz smiled. "Well, me and him are going out tonight as a matter of fact" Cruz said proudly.

"Oh really? that's awesome! where are you going?" Lightning asked pretending to be amused. "Oh well he said that there is some amusement park-wait a second, why do you want to know?" Cruz raised her eyebrow. "No reason, i just wanted to see if he made a good choice, you know, studies have shown that wherever a guy takes you on the first date shows how they will be like in the long term..." Lightning stated as Cruz rolled her eyes.

"Don't worry, it will be fine!" She smiled, "now, lets get back to practicing" She added as she went back into her car. "okay!" Lightning said as he pulled out his phone, "in three, two, one...GO!" he yelled as she zoomed past towards the end of the pier. As she did this Lightning went onto his phone "Hamilton, find nearest amusement park" he said out loud as the search loaded

-later on-

Jackson panicked, he didn't know what to wear for the date. "hmm, what about this?" he asked Leo as he showed him a white dress shirt and jeans. "i don't know and to be honest i don't care, why are you even getting worked up about it?" Leo said as he played a game on his phone. "because, it is important to have a good first impression!" Jackson sighed as he dug through his closet more. "just...wear this" Leo said as he threw him a light purple dress shirt with black jeans. "are you sure?" Jackson asked nervously. "yes! now shut up and get dressed, geeze, i miss when you were quiet" Leo huffed as he left the room.

When he finished changing Jackson looked at himself in the mirror. He smiled a bit, "wow look at you" Leo said as Jackson laughed, "i look amazing right?" Jackson smirked still looking at himself in the mirror. "no, i was going to say that your fly was down, but sure, whatever you want to hear..." Leo said.Jackson sighed a bit "i was only kidding about looking amazing you know, i was trying to get under your skin.." Jackson spoke shyly almost. "Jackson, when will you understand that you always get under my skin?" Leo said as Jackson laughed at the joke, "...i'm not kidding..." Leo looked at him serious.

Jackson shut up as he stood there, now feeling very awkward."just hurry up, make the girl fall in love with you, then dump her! we need to get you training tomorrow anyways" Leo said as he got a call. He picked up as he walked out, talking in a whole new, sweeter tone. Jackson ignored him as he grabbed his phone and checked to see if Cruz had called, she hadn't. "Okay, what do girls usually like...flowers?" Jackson asked himself. "that sounds about right" he told himself as he grabbed his car keys and went out.

"Hey Leo i'm-""SHHH, this is a very important call just..shhhh!" Leo said annoyed as Jackson huffed and stomped out. "Thanks alot!" He yelled as he slammed the door, there was no way Leo was going to ruin this day.

Jackson hopped into his car excitedly as he texted Cruz.

"Be there in less than 5 <3"

Cruz smiled as she went downstairs. "Hey Cruz, nice outfit!" Sally said as she smiled. She had on a cute light yellow sweater with baby blue jeans and red converse. "I didnt want to out dress myself, since we are going to an amusement Park" she smiled. "Thats cool! Its better than going to a boring restaurant" Sally Smiled, "how was I suppose to know that you didn't like restaurants?" Lightning added.

"I'm just..really nervous, this is going to be my first date" she sighed as she hopped up and down. "Dont worry, its going to be awesome" Sally reassured Cruz as she nodded. She paused once she heard her phone go off, she opened her phone and saw a text from Jackson.

"Hes here" she gasped nervously. "you got this girl dont worry!" Sally said as she helped Cruz out the door. Lightning got up as he watched from the window as Cruz made her way to Jackson who was leaning against his car, trying to be cool.

"Hi" Cruz smiled, "Hey" Jackson smiled back. She looked up and down at what Jackson was wearing. "..what?" He questions nervously, "oh its nothing its just, for an amusement park you really outdid yourself" Cruz laughed as he flushed embarrassed.

"uh..these are for you" he blushed as he handed Cruz a bouquet of yellow roses. "Aw, thank you" Cruz smiled as she looked at the flowers. "Should we get going?" Jackson questioned. She nodded as he opened the door for her.

"there is no way he is really this polite" Lightning mumbled to himself. "Come on Lightning, can't we just watch a movie or something?" Sally frowned. "Nope, come on we have to follow them" Lightning said determined as he snuck from the back. "oh man, this is going to go bad really fast" Sally told herself as she followed Lightning.

Cruzing in the Storm (Cars 3 fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara