Chapter one:

Heavy breathing is heard as someone begins to talk...

"Okay focus, speed, I am speed..."

"-wait, I cant use that, thats Lightning's line.." Cruz thought, she then gasped at a better idea.

"Cloud, I am a fluffy clouddddd" she told herself as she heard banging on the door. "Cruz, you ready?" Lightning called. "Yep!" She said as the door opened as Cruz walked out.

"Your a fluffy cloud?" Lightning asked as Cruz blushed embarassed. "What? I cant use your line so I made my own!" She crossed her arms and stuck out her tounge. "Okay enough of the jokes, this is the last race of the season and you gotta win.." "Yep! Dont even worry, that trophy is as good as mine" Cruz said determined.

"I wouldnt get my hopes up quite yet, Jackson is still going to be racing.." Lightning said as Cruz hissed his name like it was a curse. "That tool is not getting that trophy, I can assure you that" she said as they walked towards the race track. "I dont know what Jackson has against me to be honest, I tried being nice to him but he seems to just hate me..I dont get him" Cruz frowned a bit.

"Dont worry Cruz, he's just a jerk that is winning-hungry, you will be great friends with the other racers" Lightning patted her shoulder. "You have to keep your head in the game and remember to focus on what I say,okay? Try not to focus on Jackson" Lightning said as Cruz nodded.

"Dont worry Mr.McQueen i won't let you down" she said as she gave him a fist bump, then headed towards her car. "I know you won't" he smiled.

Cruz was about to get into her car when she noticed Jackson's car beside hers. She let curiosity take over and walked around to look at the car more, and boy was it beautiful. The color was a mixture of gray and black with shades of blue. She smiled a bit until she heard someone cough rudely. She turned to see Jackson leaning against his car, crossing his arms.

"Hey" he said, "Oh, hi!" she said awkwardly almost, but in a friendly way. "Are you planning on sabotaging my ride? How low are you?" He stated rudely. "O-oh, no its not like that! I was just checking it out, its a really nice car" she smiled. "Yea, I know it is, thats why I'm driving it.." He said bluntly. She laughed a bit which caught him off guard. "Why are you laughing?" He asked annoyed.

"It just sounded funny to me.. hey, what engine is in this thing anyways?" she asked as she leaned against her car. "Maximum preformance V-8 with 850 hp" he said she nodded interested. "Nice, mine is highly preformance DOHC V-6" she said as he rolled his eyes.

She thought for a second, "Hey I got a great idea! What about after the race we can go to a Sushi place and talk more about our cars? Just us two" she said as he looked at her like she insulted him. "Why?" he asked, looking away to hide a...blush? He didnt let her see it and instead looked away not seeming interested. "I don't know, I dont really talk to much of the other racers here and I think it would be cool to, you know, make a new friend going into the new season" she smiled.

Jackson laughed as he shook his head. "Okay, even if I wanted to make a friend here, what would make you think that it would be you?" He snapped at her as she frowned. "I-i just-" Cruz was cut off as Jackson pushed her aside to get into his car. She frowned a bit as she stomped into her car. "Cruz? What was that all about?" Lightning asked confused from the headset. "It was nothing, were gonna make him eat our dust" she said determined as she buckled her seatbelt up.

"Racers get ready" the announcer said over the speakers. Cruz looked ahead determined, there was no way that Sushi-friend ditching jerk was going to win...

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I am Bob Cutlass and this is my friend Darrell Cartrip and welcome to another exciting night of racing!" Bob announced as the racers got ready. "So Darrell, what do you expect from this race?" "I dont know what to expect Bob, things have been getting intense for the top racers, at this point I think its anyone's game" Darrell replied.

"At the top of the charts is the new rookie sensation: Cruz Ramirez, the first time we saw her was back at the Florida 500 and we were all shocked to find out that Lightning had decided to take a break from racing in order to be her coach" Bob said as Stats of Cruz were shown. "We came into the season thinking that Jackson Storm was going to be the undefeatable champion but we were soon proven wrong" Darrell added.

Jackson sat in his car and sighed as he ran his hands through his dark black hair. He turned to his side to see an angry and hurt looking Cruz. He felt something in his stomach, guilt? He brushed it off as he looked ahead.

"On your marks..."

"Get set..."

"GO!"

hey guys I hope you are all liking it so far and also sorry if the chapters are long and boring LOL but trust Me it will all pay off later! If you have any ideas for this story that I can add on feel free to comment so and until then, stay classy~

-homeofallfandomz