Chapter Ten:

"Yes! That ride was the best! Let's go again!" Cruz cheered as Jackson wobbled off of the ride extremely dizzy. "Maybe we can just go eat something first.." Jackson said as he caught up to her. "yea, cause you lost everything you ate today on the ride!" Cruz giggled. "I don't know how you didn't" he replied as Cruz laughed more. "Cause i'm not a baby like you" she replied proudly. "Whatever you say babe" Jackson said not even realizing what he said as Cruz blushed red. 

"Who does he think he is?!" Lightning screamed behind them. Sally yelped as she slapped his mouth, they didn't seem to notice. "you could have got us caught!" Sally whispered harshly. "sorry" Lightning mumbled. "can we go home now?" Sally begged. "fine..." Lightning mumbled. He paused once he saw Jackson stop and check his phone. "Ill be back in a second, stay right here!" Jackson said as he walked towards a bush and picked up the phone. "hmm, something is fishy..." Lightning mumbled to himself. "Oh come on, don't tell me your going to spy on his call..." Sally rolled her eyes, then cut herself off as she noticed he was already gone. "stickers...?" she called. 

Lightning walked towards the bush as he stood on the other side, listening quietly. "what do you want Leo?" Jackson mumbled. "Why do you always pick up the phone so rudely?! I just wanted to know how the plan was going..." Leo mumbled. "oh yea, well you didn't care before...and its fine" Jackson sighed. "so I was thinking, maybe you start to ignore her by Monday, since the new season is like in a week" Leo said as Lightning gasped. "I guess so, but..I was thinking that maybe we can ditch this whole plan and i just keep pretending to be her boyfriend..." Jackson laughed nervously. "uh, no, that wasn't part of the plan..." Leo said annoyed. Jackson huffed. "remember, next week you start to ignore her so shes off her game.. then we will finally be on top again!" Leo laughed. 

"ya...sure thing" Jackson fake laughed. Lightning gritted his teeth. He needed to warn Cruz...

"I got bad news Sal" Lightning rushed to her. "what?" Sally asked in a bored tone. "Jackson is just using her, when it comes to the new season he is going to ignore her and make her not want to race!" Lightning yelled as Sally gulped. "what? are you sure he was talking about her?" Sally asked him concerned. "yea, who else is named Cruz?!" Lightning threw his arms in the air. "i know i'm not suppose to get us noticed, but this is an emergency" Lightning said as Jackson walked back towards Cruz. 

Lightning took a breath, was it really worth telling her? He looked up and saw Cruz and Jackson being all romantic with each other. yep, it was definitely worth it..."CRUZ RAMIREZ" Lightning yelled out loud. "oh no..." Sally covered her face in embarrassment. Cruz paused as she turned around wide eyed. "Lightning...what are you doing here??" she whispered embarrassed. "we need to go, NOW" he said as he grabbed her hand and started to drag her away. "Hey! what are you doing?!" Jackson yelled annoyed as he followed them. "She is never to see you again, the only time she can see you is when shes racing and even then she wont see you cause she will be beating you, YEA I HEARD YOUR CONVERSATION" Lightning hissed as he continued to walk. "Lighting stop it!" Cruz yelled.He ignored her as he kept walking.

"...STOP IT!" Cruz yelled as she broke free. Lightning looked at her confused, "you cant keep controlling my life! I'm...I'M NOT YOUR DAUGHTER OKAY?!" Cruz yelled as everyone turned to see what Lightning would say. He stood there speechless for a few seconds, then finally spoke. "your right, i'm not. but you know what I am? I am your coach, and friend, and i'm telling you, AS A FRIEND that...hes bad news, your one week away from the start of the new season! why do you think he started to talk to you now?! hes trying to get you off your game!" Lightning pleaded as Cruz rolled her eyes. "if you really were my friend then why aren't you letting me be happy? HE MAKES ME HAPPY" Cruz fought back as Jackson frowned.

"Cruz..." Jackson grabbed her shoulder. "ignore him Jackson, hes just jealous that he doesn't have what we do" she gritted her teeth. Jackson gasped at the comment a bit as Lightning looked at her shocked. "that was kind of uncalled for.." Sally crossed her arms, "you know what? have fun all you want Cruz, cause I quit" Lightning snapped as he stormed away, Sally followed him. Cruz gasped, "what?!...fine! ill get a even better coach than you anyways" Cruz shouted as she started to tear up. Jackson backed up, this went way to far...way to far... he jumped as his phone went off, he checked it, it was Leo. "This is not a good time Leo" Jackson mumbled. "DID YOU HEAR THE NEWS?! LIGHTNING IS OUT!" Leo laughed.

"Yea I know, I was there..." Jackson mumbled. "who are you talking to?" Cruz asked between sobs. "whoa, you made her cry, bonus" Leo laughed more. "it wasn't me, shes upset" Jackson snapped into the phone. "Jackson..." "Listen, i'm done with this, shes already gone through enough..." "JACKSON" Cruz yelled. Jackson looked at her scared as he hung up. "what are you talking about...you better not be messing around with me cause I've had it up to here" she yelled as she grabbed him by his shirt collar. "i-i'm not messing around at all, please let go of me" Jackson stuttered nervously. "oh my gosh, what am i doing? i'm so sorry" Cruz paused as she let go of his shirt. "its okay..." he said as he reached to grab her hand.

Cruz saw this and instead crossed her arms and looked down sadly. "...i think its best if we call it a night.." she softly spoke as she started to walk through the crowd of people. "Cruz...CRUZ!" Jackson called sadly. He sighed as he looked down, he was now stuck in between two choices, his racing career or the girl of his dreams...

Cruz sniffed as she walked out of Oswald Island, she just wanted everything to be alright. she wanted to keep seeing Jackson, but she also wanted Lightning as a coach or as her friend at least. She gasped as it started to rain heavy. "OH COME ON, GIVE ME A BREAK!" she screamed as people stared at her. She paused as a car stopped in front of her, it was Sally's. "Hey Cruz" she said. Cruz nodded as she looked down again."why aren't you with Lightning?" she half whispered. "he needed time to cool down..do you want to get a ride with me? we don't have to go back to the house..." Sally added as Cruz looked away. "...we can go get...ice cream?" Sally said as Cruz looked up. Sally smiled, "okay, ice cream it is then, what do you say?" Sally questioned. Cruz stared at her confused.

"but...why? i said..an awful thing back there.." Cruz started to tear up. "oh come on, everyone makes mistakes once and a while..." Sally smiled as she opened the door. Cruz thought again at what she said... "hes just jealous that he doesn't have what we have" . When Cruz said those words she immediately regretted them, she knew it wasn't true, Sally and Lightning had one of the cutest relationships she had ever seen. she then remembered the day she was going to the party, she saw Lightning and Sally being all "lovey dovey" with each other. she wanted that...

Cruz returned into reality as she broke out crying. Sally sat in the car confused as Cruz just starred at her crying. "okay, lets get you in the car...we can talk all about it some where better" Sally smiled in a sympathetic way as she helped Cruz into the car. As Sally and Cruz drove off Jackson ran out the front entrance, trying to find her, but was too late...

He sat on a step as he sighed and sunk his head down. He messed up big time..

He sat down and reflected his decisions as the rain poured hard.

WOWZA THAT WAS A VERY SAD CHAPTER SORRY ABOUT THAT, DONT WORRY IT WILL GET BETTER...EVENTUALLY...just stay in tune trust me LOL

-homeofallfandomz