Chapter 13

I was out for dinner with Kelly and Gabrielle. Although I was staying with them, we got here separately. I didn't want them going through the hassel of the paparazzi. We got seated in the back because, duh, windows.

"Mommy, I don't want to eat here," Gabrielle said.

"You don't even know what they serve," Kelly told her. "Go over the menu first and stop acting up."

She fixed her face and picked up the menu. I couldn't have done that. I probably would have just left and took her to McDonald's or something.

"Can you stop staring at me?" I heard.

I snapped out of my trance and frowned. I hadn't noticed that my focus was on her. Things like that are telling. It's another reason I keep my distance. I started to get smart with her, but I kept quiet, focusing on my menu.

"So, I have some big news to share," Kelly said, grabbing my attention.

I made a mental note to ask about the rattatouille.

"I'm going to open a botique," Kelly announced excitedly.

"Mommy, do they have spaghetti?" Gabrielle asked.

"That's great, Kelly. Do you have a location in mind?" I asked. "Gabby, try the pizza."

"They don't have it or I would have asked for it."

"It's spelt with an 'e'," I said before Kelly laid into her.

I can't blame her for how she acts towards me. I all but ignore her, according to my boyfriend not knowing I had a "goddaughter". Kelly smiled before going on about the location of her botique. A waiter came out to take our order. I ordered the rattatoullie. Kelly ordered spaghetti rustichella. He asked Gabrielle, who just paused.

"She'll take a personal margherita and a...Sprite to drink."

He nodded and took the menus. Both of them were looking at me. I shrugged. I didn't want to be here all night waiting on Kelly to figure something out for Gabrielle to eat and then she be unhappy with it.

"I'm used to the language on the menu," I simply brushed it off. "Oh, Kelly. Jay is going to be coming into town. I'll more than likely stay with him in his hotel. So, don't freak if I don't show up or I'm not there when you wake up one morning."

"Is he coming tonight?" she asked.

"No. I'm not too sure when. Hopefully not too soon. No distractions during this album process," I took a sip of my wine. "Now, when do you think you'll have this botique up and running?" I asked.

Our food quickly came out while I changed the subject.