Chapter 11

"Why do we have to be here?" the little girl complained

Her mother sighed, getting annoyed by her daughter's constant complaining

Her mother sighed, getting annoyed by her daughter's constant complaining. She was a good kid, very considerate with a big heart, but there was no doubt she was selfish, and stubborn. Something she inherited from her family.

"Gabby, please sit there and behave. It shouldn't be much longer," her mother said to her, patting her leg.

The little girl stopped bouncing her leg and frowned. She was beyond annoyed that she had to be there, around her. She didn't know why, but she just didn't like her. Her mother said they were too similar, that's why. Maybe it was because when she was around, all her mother's attention went to her. Either way, she didn't want to be around her.

"What is it called when...step up..."

"Upgrade," Sean sung.

"Yes! I'm talkin' 'bout what is it called when you on the plane and you sitting in the back and they put you in the front," I laughed

So, here I am, Giselle, best known as Beyoncé. I don't know where I came up with that name, but I figured it was best. I recorded for a little longer, than ran out to the control room. Before Kelly could get up, I hopped into her lap, hugging her.

"Okay, G. I missed you too," she laughed.

"You're skinny," Gabrielle said.

I looked at her, but refrained from saying or doing anything.

"Hey, Gabby. Good to see you," I said to her.

"Why are you so skinny?" she asked again.

"For the same reason that you're so rude. Because I want to be," I answered.

"You two stop it," Kelly instructed us.

I sat next to Kelly, ready to catch up with my best friend.

"How was the tour?" she asked. "I would've came to one of the shows, but Gabrielle had gymnastic meets that week," Kelly explained.

"It was great. You really did your thing on my costumes. They looked great on stage," I complimented her.

Kelly was still my costume designer and my stylist. I wouldn't have it any other way. Let me catch you up.

When I did my showcase, I was offered a deal on the spot. I signed the deal and moved to New York, Kelly and I. I recorded for a few months and then I got shelved, which worked out okay for me. I paid for Kelly to attend the fashion institute because I wanted her to be with me. She worked  just as hard and was my rock during this journey.

Anyways, I finally got the call about recording, which came at a great time. We were starting to run low on money. I first released an EP with seven songs. It did okay, nothing crazy, but enough to keep me on the label and in the public. My live performances is what really did it. Everyone was asking me to perform. Then I released my debut album.

My first single featured the biggest rapper out. It dominated the airwaves and charts. The "uh oh" dance was the trend. I was even more in the public than usual. My budding romance with Jay- Z didn't hurt either. I don't even remember half of the things I've done since. It's been a whirlwind of performances, interviews, photoshoots and award shows.

"Are you recording the whole album up here?" she asked.

I paused. The question posed a series of other questions of my own. But maybe I'm being paranoid.

"Yeah. After the last few years I've had, I just want to be still for a while," I answered.

"What about Shawn?" she asked.

Did she roll her eyes? Questioning Kelly this much so soon, I really need to sleep for like 3 days.

"She can't stay with us," Gabrielle said quickly.

Kelly shot her a look and I swear she shuddered. I felt chills myself and the look wasn't even directed towards me.

"Don't worry your little head. I'm staying at a hotel," I retorted.

"No you're not. You're staying with us. Gabby, I told you, you're not grown and pay zero bills. Stay in a child's place," Kelly scolded.

I smirked. Kelly was old school and strict. Kelly gave me a spare key and the two of them left. I wasn't planning on leaving the studio for a while. I went back into the booth and finished the song.

"Anybody want food? I'm starving?" I asked announced.

Angela, my assistant agreed along with one songwriter. We ordered Chinese and kept working. It honestly felt like a party more than work.

"Alright, I think I'm finally gonna release y'all. We'll take today off, but we're going back in full throttle tomorrow, " I announced.

They cheered and I playfully rolled my eyes. I gathered all my things and got into my car. Driving is something I just couldn't give up to fame. I loved it. I felt completely in control when I was behind the wheel. I drove on the busy freeways to Kelly's. I had my own place in New York. I'd usually stay in a hotel, but arguing with Kelly is something I rather avoid, especially since I usually lose.

Kelly lived in a nice apartment with the money she earned as my stylist. I made sure she was paid handsomely so no one could poach her from me. I  got on the elevator and used the keycard she gave to me. It was quiet when I walked in, like I expected it to be. I walked around, using my phone as light to help me move around. I walked aaround until I found the hall and opened a door. I put my phone up and started to back out until I saw her face. I took a second to take in her features. I sighed and backed out, closing the door behind me. I probably will book a room for the rest of mt stay.