Soulmate AU

not sure if I've ever written with an au before;; but let's goo!! in this au, your soulmate's name is on one arm and your enemy's name is on the other. u dunno which is which. ;)

"Carlyle, Lucy? Godwin, Kat? Lockwood, Anthony? Kipps, Quill?" Names were being called at random intervals, and I had been waiting for what felt like ages for mine to ring out through the megaphone.

I made my way to the front of the line and stood near the other three people called. I checked my wrists for the names. Quill Kipps and Anthony Lockwood! I blushed. Anthony looked at me with interest, winking, even! The audacity of that boy astounded me. Quill also stole a glance at me, giving me a once over before looking away with approval perhaps.

"Please follow me to your rooms," the woman said. She wore an uncomfortable looking jacket and a tight pencil skirt. People at this fancy boarding school all had the same strict expression on their faces; even take a wrong breath and you'd be expelled.

"So... why're all you guys here?" I asked, trying to start a conversation.

Quill looked over at Lockwood superiorly. "My parents want only the best for me."

Kat shrugged. " I don't really remember the reason they gave, but I do know they want me gone."

Quietly, Anthony finally answered. "My parents died and I have no relatives but an uncle who can't be a proper guardian so he sent me here."

"Oh.." Well, now it's awkward. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. How could it be your fault?" He smiled warmly at me and I grinned shyly. Mrs. Primpickle (yes, I know) led us down a twisting hall and up an insanely long spiral stair case. Stopping at a door at the very end of a long hall, she heaved a breath.

"Here... we... are." She said, between heavy sighs. "Your uniforms are in the closet. We are quite an old school, so many of the items in the dress code may be difficult to put on. Ring the bell by the door if you need assistance." With that, she left us alone in a large sitting area leading into a kitchen. Two doors led off to two bedrooms- one for the two girls and one for the guys.

"I don't know about you," Quill said, looking at Kat and me, "but I don't think I'll be getting much sleep here."

Anthony groaned quietly. "Let's just get into those uniforms, okay?" We all dispersed into our respective rooms and began exploring.

"Hey Kat?" I called from the closet.

She stood across the bedroom next to a bunk bed. "Hm?"

"What names do you have on your wrists?"

"Quill Kipps and Anthony Lockwood." She rubbed her arms self-consciously. "What about you?"

I laughed nervously. "I have Anthony and Quill, too."

Kat grinned. "I'm hoping Quill's my soulmate. Nothing wrong with Anthony though," she commented.

"Yeah.. he's cute."

Kat gasped. "I ship it!!"

My face flushed bright pink. "Don't say it so loud!"

part one!!!! there will be more :)

also i wasn't sure what to call lockwood but in the next chapter i'm going to have him say that he'd like to be referred to as lockwood and not anthony so ya. :))

Lockwood & Co Shortsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें