Left for Dead pt 3

HEY YALL I AM SO SORRY. I REALLY AM. PLEASE FORGIVE ME.
i'm crying. while writing. a chapter. about ficTIONAL CHARACTERS. WHY. AM I. LIKE THIS. then again, it's my fault I'm crying, I wrote it this way😂😂 as Jennifer A. Nielsson told my seventh grade class about writing this year, "if your story is boring, do the worst possible thing thinkable to your character." poor george.

The small amount of light flickering through the open-mouthed hole in the ceiling above wasn't nearly enough to distinguish his surroundings. George scrambled from below the rubble and stood on the cracked, bloodstained floor of the cellar. The cannibal stood in a darkened corner, watching. Waiting.

"Oh hell no," George whined in annoyance. He pulled out his rapier, preparing himself for the very nearly definite outcome of his death. The man shuffled towards the halo of light and his ripped face came into view.

A gash danced down the line of his cheek and blood gushed from his eye socket, where his dull gray eye had been impaled by a rusty nail. George's injuries were minor- a twisted ankle, a scratched arm- nothing serious. Limping forward, George began to circle the brick wall of a man.

He said nothing as George planned his attack, only watched with a sly smile. Quickly, the Lockwood & Co agent plunged the rapier hilt deep into the man's belly, but he didn't even flinch. "Stupid kid," he muttered, and pulled it out in a clean motion, wiping his blood off the sword onto his ratty white t-shirt.

George gaped in awe. "What- how-" The weaponless boy flattened himself against the wall as the cannibal slowly dragged a broken ankle, scraping a line of dusty muck from the floor. Pulling a butcher's knife stuck in his leg from the fall, he lifted it up and grinned.

"You can't be serious." George shook his head, beginning to fall into hysterics. "Using a bloody knife on a meal? What are you, crazy? Stupid?"

"Both," came the rumbling answer.

"Okay..? Why don't we talk this out? I can give you my pet gecko and you can eat him, he's an asshole anyway-"

"Shut your mouth, boy." He stood above George, glaringly tall, compared to the teenager before him. The man took his knife and tossed it aside.

George felt his chest instantly lift. His eyes lit up as he said, "You're not going to kill me?"

The cannibal chuckled. "Oh, I am. It's just more fun by hand." A crack, and poor George slumped onto the floor, the screaming dying in his throat, but not before his friends multiple floors above heard the cry of unhinged terror.

I AM SO SORRY PLEASE DONT HURT ME THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LIGHT AND HAPPY I SWEAR IK ITS SHORT I HAVE TO DO MY HOMEWORK WHEN THATS DONE ILL START WRITING AGAIN