Chapter Twenty Three: The Dinner Party

Start from the beginning

She led me to one of the shops. She pointed at one dress in there, which I’m assuming is the one she picked for me.

But when I saw it, I cannot believe she’s letting me wearing it.

It was black dress that reached probably halfway my thighs. It was backless and completely strapless.

“Do you like it?” Mom asked.

“M-Mom! I’m not wearing that! I-it’s too…little.” I protested. She laughed and placed a hand on my shoulder, “I was afraid you’d say that. But you could browse the store for anything you like.”

I nodded my head and walked around for a bit. Then I saw the outfit I fell in love with.

The top was sleeveless and pure white. It also had cute little buttons on it. The bottom was a pale pink skirt, and it reached up to my knees. Lastly were the shoes below the outfit. Beige stilettos that was not too high.

“I’m guessing you like that,” mom came up beside me. I nodded my head and turned to her, “You’ll buy it?”

She beamed at me, “Of course my snow queen.”

 She used Dad’s nickname for me…

~~~~~~~~~~~

“Finally! I thought you’re gone forever!” James ran up to me and gave me a tight squeeze. I rolled my eyes at him, “James, we were just gone for an hour.”

He pouted, “But that seems like eternity!”

“You’re such a child.” I teased, sitting on the couch and propping my feet up the coffee table.

“You didn’t buy that short black dress that Mom showed me yesterday in the catalog, did you?” he asked. My face twisted in disgust, “Ugh, why would I buy that? I just settled for something better.”

He smirked, “Good. Because that dress would make you look like a sl-“

“James!”

He burst into laughter, “Just joking, Elsha. I wuv you!” he leaned forward to pinch my cheeks but I swatted his hand away.

“So what do you want to do?” James asked, obviously bored.

I shrugged, “I don’t know. What do you wanna do?” He thought for a while and suddenly had an idea, “I know!” he grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the living room.

 “What’s this room?” I asked as we stopped in front of the door at the fifth floor.

He grinned cockily, “It’s some kind of private room of mine. I call it the music room.” He opened the door and I my jaw dropped to the ground for the billionth time.

The walls were painted light blue. Different kinds of guitars hung on the walls. There was a big drum set in one corner and in the middle of the room was a large piano – the sophisticated kind.

“So what do you think?” he asked for my opinion.

“Wow, James. This is pretty much Cylene’s dream and I didn’t know you were a musician.”

He smirked while heading to the piano, “You don’t know a lot of things about me, Elsha.”

“Sing for me, please?” he asked once I took a seat beside him by the piano.

“What do you want me to sing?” I asked.

He flashed me a mischievous grin and started playing the piano. I groaned softly when I realized what the song was. Damn you, James.