"Alright, fine, come on, I'll take you to her." Jill says and I nod as I follow Jill to the softball team's part of the floor. Ironic how we're on the same floor, but prohibited from seeing each other. When we find the softball coach, she stands and greets Jill before looking at me. "Y/N here was wondering if she could speak with you about the decision you've made."

"I'm not changing my mind, I need Alex to focus on these games."

"I understand that, trust me, I do. More than you know, Alex is a sister to me, we've been through some shit together. Which is why I know that if you refuse to let Alex see us for dinner tonight, she'll end up hurting herself, how long has she been on your roster?"

"A few months, why?"

"Because I'm assuming that you've noticed that when she's upset, she retreats to the batting cages."

"What's your point?"

"I can get through to Alex, explain that we all need her to focus and do well, for her first Olympics, and for U.S. Softball as a federation, we don't need a player like Alex to not deliver what we all know she's perfectly capable of delivering during Softball's return to the Olympic Games in what feels like forever." I say and watch as the coach considers what I'm saying. "All I'm asking is that you allow Tobin, Alex and I to have dinner tonight, I'll speak with her, and make sure she understands, that she's not upset, and what you do from there, is up to you. You're in charge of Alex, Jill is in charge of my girlfriend and I, you two can decide after tonight what you want to do." I finish and the coach nods.

"Alright, dinner tonight, if Hugo's mood improves from what it's been for the past few hours, we'll forget we ever tried to keep her from her friends, because maybe I was wrong." She says and I smile, shaking her hand.

"Thank you." I say before following Jill back to our section and head to mine and Tobin's room to see her laying on one of the beds.

"Hey, where'd you go?"

"I had something to fix, but it's all good now. You almost ready for dinner with Alex?" I ask and she nods, so I sit on the other bed and text Alex.

Got your coach to let us have dinner tonight, we need to talk about this situation. Get ready and meet us down in the main lounge on the first floor.

Newt: Alright, see you two down there.

"Let's go." I say to Tobin, who nods, getting up and following me down to the first floor to see Alex already waiting for us.

As we're eating our dinner, surrounded by almost every other Team USA member, Alex looks at me.

"You said we needed to talk about this mess. How'd you even get my coach to agree to this?"

"I have my charisma maxed out in my perk chart." I say and Alex rolls her eyes at me. "I just spoke with her and appealed to her interests." I say and Alex nods.

"So what is it you need to say?"

"That the coaching staff agreed to do this because they want you to do well for your debut in the Games, for U.S. Softball's debut back in the Games, I want you to kick ass on that diamond, Newt, I want to see you get gold. I know you can, but you can't do that if you stay upset about something that's obviously being done for your own good, because knowing you, you'll end up hurting yourself in the batting cages." I say and Alex sighs.

"Alright, fine. I guess I see why they're doing what they're doing, I see that I could hurt myself with how I cope. I'll try to be open minded about this whole thing now." Alex says as we all set our forks on our empty plates.