“Yes, of course-but your not suppose to expect it. I say how and when.” I leaned forward and gave him small kiss. But it didn’t seem enough for him-he yanked me back towards him and intensified the kiss. If I stayed like this any longer we were going to end up right back to where we started. I gave him a slight push and he reluctantly  released me. 

“Thank you-now I will see you later. And I do trust you-more than I should I think, but I do. And if you say its only temporary and it’s a good cause-I wont push but don’t think I’m happy with it or that it will stay this way forever. Rach is my best friend and I just hate all this deceiving-just make sure you don’t try that shit with me.”I poked at his chest.

“Yes, Ma’am.”  I left his office making sure to put a little swing in my hips, looking behind enjoying the lustful look in his eyes. I couldn’t help but giggle at this expression I will have put him out of his misery soon. 

                          *

I pulled back from that memory, and I've made up my mind, I’m telling Rachelle. Tonight when we get home. I better stop and get more ice cream that should soften the blow. I, Ella Rodriguez is in a committed relationship-yep better I get 2 pints cause this will be hard swallow. 

______________________________Rachelle POV______________________________

I didn’t notice that I got off the elevator a stop too early-I stepped into the lobby instead of the parking garage. Someone I knew recognize me and ran up to say hi-the mood I was in did not call for a chatterbox right now going on about some conference coming up in Santa Ana. After he was done, ten minutes later-I got up to start making my way back to the elevators-and I bumped into a giant muscle. A muscle! Immediately I was high alert-Eric, must be somewhere-I looked up to see if he was around-but he wasn’t in my view-I was about to deem this little adventure as hopeless, till I saw him walking into the building. Alive and breathing-thank God-and I released the breath I was holding since I heard the news report this morning. He hadn’t seen me yet, which meant that I could be gone and no one who be none the wiser of my presence here, well except Lee. I jumped onto the elevator thinking I was safe but the first I guy I bumped into came in holding the door for the rest I’m sure.

“It’s going down.” I said.

“I know.”

Shit! I stooped down as if I was fixing something on my shoe-till the elevator filled up with a few more people and thankfully blocking me perfectly from his view. I could hear his voice in the elevator-and I looked to where he was standing. I could only see him from the waist down-and that’s when I saw it, hanging from his waist, his key chain the-the contents of the box I threw in the bin that day. A tiny wooden heart with R carved into it.

“You okay down there.” I lady asked, seeing that I seemed to be transfixed into this crouching position. 

“Yeah, I am-just fixing my straps.” I said with a smile. 

I slowly stood up as the elevator doors opened and everyone got out-and the doors began to close once again-I threw my head back against the wall and tried to breathe. Then suddenly the doors were reopening, my heart started racing-I’m trapped in this box with nowhere to run. The doors where now fully opened and just as I feared he was standing there, just there in between the doors-not saying anything. 

“Excuse me.”  I said trying to leave the elevator-a hopeless effort he blocked my path and allowed the doors to close once more-this also cause the space between us to lessen. “What are you doing? I thought we were over the kidnapping routine.” I said trying to regain some composure by sounding angry. “Say something.”