Prologue

Copyright © 2013 by Yolande A. Barker

All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof

may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever

without the express written permission of the publisher

except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

A/N: So this is my very first. Ive been a fan of Wattpadd for months now-read some great stories (and still readin some) but I think its time that i finally share something i have been working on. It starts out slightly slow but i promise you by the 6th chapter you'll be asking for more so please read and keep at it

This is my first ever story-so be kind. No i take any kind of critism but lets not be rude that's all i ask- i get that my story wont appeal to all but i hope that i will get back some feedback--so here goes.

Read, Vote ,Fan ,Comment but most of all just Enjoy :)

Yolie X

“Its all arranged.”  the man in the blue said while sipping on his coffee. The Café is abnormally busy today but all the noise is nothing but a distant murmur. 

“ This will work, you will make it work.” he draws on.

“Yes I know.” I replied with a defeated sigh. “ It’s just wasn’t to take this long-this isn’t going exactly as planned.”

“ You asked for this, you wanted this deal- and I made it happen. Now you will see it through to the end.” 

I gripped the edge of the table and stared at the man  sitting across from me, wanting so much to shove that cup of hot coffee so far down his throat. He’s made the past year of my life a living hell, but he’s not wrong I did ask for this-I have no one to blame but myself. The waitress comes over and asks if there is anything else she can get us. The man in the blue suit turns up his charm and the corners of his mouth showing that slimy smile. How can anyone not see through that, but there she is flipping her hair-and here comes the giggles. I was in no mood today, I wanted this shit over and done with, disgusted with the scene I turned my thoughts elsewhere and remember the last time I sat in a crowded room without feeling watched or with a potential target on  the back of my head.

“Do you want anything else?”  Misty, the waitress, must have been asking this question for a while, as I noticed the impatient tapping of her foot.

“No, No thank you-I’ve lost my appetite. And besides I believe we’re done here.” I stand to leave hoping never to have see that dreadful blue suit again for at least another three months. 

“Don’t fuck up Calloway.” the suit said while he grabbed arm, I immediately wrenched it away and left the Café not looking back. 

“Another year of this shit!” I tried to reign in my anger but it only seemed to escalate the more I try to calm myself. I needed a drive, I got into my car and pulled out of the parking lot-without a care for anyone I took the streets at dangerous speeds. Where I was headed-was a mystery to me but I knew I wanted to get as far as possible from that fucking blue suit and the trail of shit that follows him.