[26.] Broken Wrists, Dislocated Knees...

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry it's taken me so long to update! Please enjoy! Love you all! (P.S. Full title is below. Wattpad won't allow over 80 characters in the actual title, so I had to shorten it :P) Next update will be April 26 or May 3, depending on the time I have.

[26] Broken Wrists, Dislocated Knees, & the Wonderful Complications That They Entail

               Okay, I admit it. I knew I was being a major imbecile. Me, Catherine Elizabeth Taylor, clumsiest person on planet earth, off on my own to save my best friend from a master of evil with an insanely broken wrist? The odds were definitely not in my favor. And yet, I kept running.

               This is not smart, I told myself. This is really, REALLY idiotic.

               Thankfully for Astrid, I have an uncanny ability to tell my subconscious to shut up and leave me alone. I ran until I found the deck where all the extra supplies were stored. Luckily for me, the doors were not locked due to our failing systems, and I was able to get inside one of the medical closets just fine. I slipped into the closet and shut the door behind me, breathing hard. My wrist hurt like no other pain I had ever experienced, but I did everything in my power to ignore the pain. 

               Cradling my now crippled hand to my chest, I used my functioning one to start digging through boxes. Eventually I found what I was looking for: a blood pressure testing-thingamajig and a thermometer. Sitting down on the ground, I tore the thermometer apart until all that was left was the screen and a bunch of wires hanging down from it. My fingers flew like they had been trained to do, and within a matter of minutes, I had rerouted the entire system. Now, I was able to enter coordinates with Scotty’s transwarp beaming equation.

               I attached the miniature screen to the blood pressure bracelet and wrapped it around my good wrist. Then, I put the boxes back where they came from and returned to the hallway. I took to a brisk walk, not wanting to appear abnormal. I realized a few moments later that walking was a rather abnormal thing to do at that point in time, seeing as how we were plummeting to the earth and burning up in the atmosphere. No biggie or anything. I started jogging. Stupid Catherine.

               I ran until I found a computer, where I stopped.

               “Computer,” I demanded, “provide me with the coordinates to the U.S.S. Revenge.”

               The screen flickered to life and began scrolling through a list of numbers. I tapped my foot impatiently. Who knew how long Astrid had before she was killed? Heck, who knew how long I had until I passed out from the pain? All I knew was that I didn’t have long. I needed to leave immediately.

               Finally, the computer ceased scrolling and displayed four distinct numbers on its screen. Sucking in a deep breath, I typed the coordinates into my handy-dandy transwarp beaming blood pressure bracelet, closed my eyes, and pressed the button. In an instant, I felt my entire essence scattering into the air around me. I’m coming, Astrid, I thought.

               A few moments later, I found myself on the U.S.S Revenge.

               San Francisco rested below me. Buildings that were standing proud and tall not five minutes ago were now piles of rubble. Fires blazed all around the base of the ship. Screams from miles away reached my ears. Under normal circumstances, I would’ve stopped to look on in horror at what had become of my home city. But, because I’m me, and I have my “wonderful” luck, I could not. Mostly because I was tumbling through the air towards the destruction beneath me.