Rucas- "Even If It's High School Musical."

Rucas prompt: Riley is sick and kind of loopy from the sickness, but still goes to school. Lucas is trying to keep her from hurting herself because she keeps just falling or running into things, also trying to get her to go home

_______________________________________________________________________________

When Lucas finds his girlfriend, she's on the floor of the hallway, spread out eagle like, with Maya helping her up off the floor. Maya notices him and shakes her head at him with that look. Lucas knows that look. That look means that something's up with Riley and she's being stubborn about it.

"Hey Princess," Lucas says coming up behind her, pressing a kiss to her hair while wrapping his arms around her waist. Riley nuzzles the side of his neck contently. Was it just him or did she feel a little warm?

"Short Stack," he says to the short blonde, who responds in kind with: "Ranger Rick,"

"So what's up?" He asks. Before Riley can say anything, Maya answers.

"Riley is sick and is being stubborn about it and won't go home."

"I have four tests today I can't go home!" Riley exclaims as Lucas looks down at her worriedly.

"You could always make-up the tests." Maya protests, "Riley, you're sick. Please go home pumpkin."

"I can't." The brunette shakes her head, before pulling away from Lucas and making her way down the hall. The short blonde looks up at him again with that look. Then she gestures to her best friend as if to say, You try.

The cowboy nods his head and follows after his girlfriend.

"Riley," Lucas calls to her as he jogs after her.

"I'm not going home, Lucas," Riley says just before she walks into a wall.

"Owwww,"

"You were saying?" Lucas asks while pivoting her towards him to inspect the bump, that he is sure is already forming.

"I'm still not going home. I have to take those tests." Riley shakes her head. Lucas sighs before kissing her forehead gently.

"Looks like I'm on protective duty today then." Lucas sighs with a small smile. Riley furrows her brows together.

"Protective duty?" She questions.

"Part of the job of being the boyfriend." Is all Lucas says in his cowboy cryptic way.

"Which is?"

Lucas wraps one arm around his girlfriend as he leads her to her class, "Which is making sure you don't hurt yourself for the remainder of the day and trying to convince you to go home-"

"Which I won't because I have four tests today Lucas." She interrupts him.

"-and when we're back at your house, tucking you into bed, making you some nice warm hot chocolate, and settling in for a movie of your choice." The cowboy continues like he hadn't heard her.

Riley stares up at her boyfriend with glassy eyes.

"Even if it's High School Musical?" She questions.

Another kiss is pressed to her forehead. "Even if it's High School Musical."