Kurapika's POV

Melody asked if we could take the subway after leaving the cafe. I mean it was a good idea at first until I realized that we'd be surrounded by other people. I decided that I'd be more comfortable if it was just the two of us.

The ride was a bit awkward due to the lack of conversation but I couldn't manage to say anything. I wanted to ask her how she was and if she wanted to do something tomorrow but I just couldn't. I wasn't sure why but something was stopping me. I'm not sure if it was nerves,  fear, or the thought of rejection but something was preventing me from chatting any further.

I fiddled with my jacket pocket and then moved onto my phone, it was normal for a person to check emails, texts, and other things on their phone while in the cab so why shouldn't I?

I flipped open to the usual spam from Leorio but ignored it like usual. I mean I should probably let him know I'm okay but I hate when people worry about what I'm doing or how I am. I hoped that ignoring him would help him move on but it didn't stop the daily messages.

I refreshed the messages wondering if anyone else had texted me to see an unknown number pop up onto my screen. I opened the conversation to find something that made me stop the cab.