🎵

Melody's POV

"Melody, I need to do this on my own. Would you mind?" He asked after reaching Heaven's Arena. After a long journey to find the last set of eyes was he really just going to leave me?

"Wouldn't you like backup? I asked hoping he'd agree with me. We just reconnected, I didn't want him to leave me so quickly.

"I am aware that this could be dangerous. And that's why you can't come. I don't want you to get hurt." He told me. A blush appeared on my face as he said those kind words. I understood his feelings but I didn't want him to get hurt as well. Who knew what kind of person was waiting for him?

"Okay, I will respect your wish," I replied to him. Too bad I didn't keep my word. I watched him leave as I turned around pretending to get back onto the train we came from. I watched as he got into a cab heading to the arena. I called out for one as well as soon as he left my sight.

After a quick bag check, I was able to enter the arena with ease. I looked around to find you talking to a woman at the front desk. I quickly slipped into a nearby bathroom and waited there until you left.

I listened from my position to find out where you'd be going and who it was you were visiting. It seemed like the woman at the front desk was giving you trouble saying that you needed permission to visit the person.

I continued to listen only to find out that you were granted access to the room. I decide to slip out of the bathroom and find the nearest elevator. I spot you hoping on and I decide to wait. I watch as the floor number increases on the elevator before stopping at an unknown number.

The door opens and I walk inside. It's surprisingly large and roomy. I look around to find the control panel. I check it for secret switches to the unknown floor. I decide to try pressing all the buttons at once and the whole control panel turns red. I thought an alarm was about to go off before the elevator begun to move.

After a short ride, I reached an unknown floor receiving a pungent aura. It hits me like a truck nearly knocking me over. I can sense your heartbeat and I know that I've found the correct floor. I tune into the sounds around me trying to block out the screaming auras. I find your footsteps walking farther and farther from the elevator. I begin to walk out of the elevator following the sound of your heartbeat. I hear your steps come to a complete stop and I have to turn to your heartbeat for directions.

I feel your heartbeat turn from a bit nervous to the sound of rage I'd heard when we'd first met. But, something was different about it. It was beating louder and angrier than before.

I check the scene for voices but I only hear one word. "Lucilfer."

Author Note-

Sorry about the small update. I'm hoping for a larger and more interesting one next week though, so be prepared :)