🎵

Melody's POV

The melody of rage. I heard it right before the auction began and while I was bidding but it's even stronger now. I walk out of the auditorium carrying the scarlet eyes carefully in my hands. I knew Kurapika noticed me so it was just a matter of time for him to show up.

I haven't seen him for quite some time and part of me was nervous to encounter him again. After he left the Nostrade family I had left a few messages on his phone but they were all sent to voicemail and were never replied to. Since we've been apart I've been on my own mission to gather all of the eyes that he couldn't. I couldn't let someone else buy the eyes while he was searching down a different pair. I decided to go to any colliding auctions and win the pair in hopes of eventually meeting him again.

The pair were the last ones being sold on the market so I knew he'd have to be here. Assuming that Kurapika had won every auction the whole set of eyes should be ours. I owned now 7 pairs and I believe that Kurapika had the remaining 29.

"What do those eyes mean to you?" I hear an angered voice behind me. I can sense a dark aura as my life becomes endangered in a matter of seconds.

"They're for a friend" I reply calmly.

"What?" the voice sounds confused.

"I'm holding them for a friend" I reply.

"Why? Is he the collector?" What collector is he talking about? Does he mean me? I wouldn't call myself a collector, I've just been storing the eyes until I found Kurapika again.

"No he's not the collector, I am. They're for my friend because they belong to the people of his clan. They were killed by the phantom troupe and he searches for all of the eyes as revenge for his people" I say with a smile. The heartbeat lightens and I hear a calm release of build up breaths.

"Melody? Is that you?"

"Yeah..." I turn around as Kurapika surrounds me in a warm hug.

"If you don't mind me asking, why would you go around collecting eyes for me?" He asks kind of confused.

"I thought it would be easier for you to have someone you knew to keep an eye on them." Kurapika smiles and I hand the eyes over to him.

"I'll pay you back for all of the eyes you've bought. I'm sure you've spent far too much money on them." He says feeling slightly bad as he looks down to the floor.

"Don't worry about it! But, if I can ask you for a favor do you think you could help me?"

"Of course!" He responds grinning. The sudden danger quickly turned into happiness and reunitement.

"Along with the eyes, I've managed to collect all of the scores of the sonata" I start telling him.

"Wow! That's great!" Kurapika says clapping barely moving his hands apart in between claps.

"Yeah, the problem is that I can't destroy them... I've collected them so no one else could use them. I'm happy I've done that but I want them to be destroyed for good. They refuse to rip or burn and they form back together if you try to shred them. I'm sure if they're here and were available to purchase that someone must know a way to destroy them.." The only thing that's on my mind is the possibility of turning back into my normal form, but I have no idea what the possibility of that would be. If this is a curse there has to be an antidote. Now all we have to do find out what it is and where to get it.

"Sure I'll help you, and if you don't mind me asking do you think you could show me the rest of the eyes?" I could tell that was the only thing on his mind.

"Sure, they're at my current house though" I reply hoping he'd give me some time to get them.

"It's fine, would it be okay if I just came over?" Does he want to come over?

"Uh...Yeah! Sure!" I say blushing. We head towards the door as he opens it for me and we head out.