Kurapika's POV

It's been 2 years since I lost contact with everyone I knew. Gon, Killua, the Nostrade family, and even Leorio have been tuned out of my life. They've all called, it was just a matter of picking up. I decided that my mission would be impossible if I wasn't alone. Having friends just made the enemy stronger. They'd know who to dangle in front of my eyes and could use them as hostages. Having friends hanging around would put them and myself in danger.

In the past years, I've made little progress in killing any member of the phantom troupe. I'd lost touch with Hisoka and he was the only person who I had connections with who had insight about the troupe. Though I haven't killed any of them since Uvogin, I have managed to discover a lot of information on their abilities.

Phinks is a short tempered enhancer with good reflexes but doesn't seem like he'll be too much of a problem.

Hisoka was replaced with Kalluto, the youngest Zoldyck, and he didn't seem too strong. He fights with a fan and controls paper. I doubt that Kalluto actually wanted to have much to do with the troupe and was focused on some other goal.

Franklin fights with his nen bullets shooting from his fingers. He seems like he'd be similar to Uvogin in a way.

Feitan is one of the few members who I think would be an interesting opponent. With his speed, swordsmanship skills, and nen abilities. While being a transmuter he seems to be strong in not only enhancement but emission and conjuration as well.

Machi seems like a worthy opponent as well. With high confidence, agility, intellect, stealth, and nen ability making her valuable to the troupe.

Bonolenov was nothing special to me, just a simple conjurer in boxing gloves.

Nobunaga is an enhancer with little enhancement. Despite that, he is a strong swordsman with a cocky attitude.

Shalnark is probably the one who I think least belongs in the troupe. He seems way too happy and polite to belong in a group like that. He finds fun in controlling people with his phone as if they are toys and doesn't pose a threat if it was needed to fight him. He wasn't a member of the troupe during the massacre of the Kurta clan so I find little need in killing him. Part of me hopes he'll leave the troupe and do something better with his life than being in a band of villains.

Shizuku seems highly introverted and too shy to be a part of the troupe. She is highly intelligent and her conjured vacuum is something that doesn't fail to interest me.

Kortopi doesn't interest me too much. He can copy objects but doesn't show too much promise in a battle.

Chrollo is known to steal others hatsu and is known to be a worthy opponent. being the leader of the troupe I hold a deep hate for him, but I know I can't kill him. Hisoka has already claimed him for his own and would kill me if I dare touched his prey.

While I regret not putting the troupe on the top of my to-do list I'm glad I've had so much time to collect the scarlet eyes. As of now, I have obtained 28/36 of them and 1 pair is up for bidding in the auction I'm heading to now. The rest of the eyes are with an unknown bidder who I've heard little of I am aware that they've been showing up at auctions held on the same day as another which both held the eyes. While I was at one they would head to the other so I've yet to discover who they may be.

My driver pulls into a small parking lot in front of the building that the auction is being held in. This auction, in particular, gave me a strange vibe, something was off about it. I get out of the car fixing my suit and tucking my tie behind my blazer. I stroll over to the entrance of the auction and flash my hunter ID at the guards before they quickly let me in.

I scope the perimeter to notice small groups of people already being let into the auditorium. I follow closely behind the groups as I make my way through the auction site. Around the room, I notice the items up for bidding are scattered around the room in glass cases. An amateur thief would probably be able to snatch everything easily, I don't see why the protection was so low.

I quickly look around at the items before making contact with a pair of scarlet eyes. My heartbeat speeds up and I feel the pang of anger rushing through my veins. I start breathing heavily but try to calm myself down as I make my way to an empty seat.

The auction begins soon after I took my seat and I check my phone as they auction off un-important treasures and collector's items. I've had my notifications on silent so if someone tried to contact me their message wouldn't even appear on my screen. I'm not sure why I decided this but I turn the mute off and as a result, I get bombarded with messages and missed calls.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?"

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"

"MESSAGE ME BACK GODDAMMIT"

Are only some of the messages I received in a river of Caps locks from Leorio... I must've worried them like crazy. I feel bad for leaving them out of the blue and wonder if they're all okay. I'm sure Gon is with Killua and they're taking care of each other like they always do and Leorio's probably attempting to become a doctor. I miss them all but I know I can't go back to them until the phantom troupe is eliminated.

"The next item is very rare and is the last one not currently owned! Here we have the scarlet eyes!" I shake off my thoughts and turn my phone back on silent and put it in my jacket's pocket as I raise my hand placing the first bid.

"500 million!" I shout making the first bid.

"We have 500 million, a solid starting bid. Do I hear 600?" The auctioneer shouts to the crowd. The bids start increasing fast to the point that the price is rising 500 million every minute. After a while, the bidding slows down and it's up to 5 billion jenny.

"5.3!" I shout hoping that no one would feel the need to raise the price.

"7!" I hear someone behind me shout. The bids have been moving by 500's so far the whole night why would someone place 3 billion higher just like that.

"7.5" I shout trying to get the treasure back into my court.

"9 billion jenny" I hear the voice say. This voice is familiar but I can't place my finger on who it is. It seems soft and fragile maybe one of an elder. I've met quite a few but I'm unable to place the voice with a name.

"9.5!" I shout back. The price is stooping a little high for my range but I refuse to lose the item.

"15!" I hear the voice shout. There's no way I can bid 15 billion jenny. I decide to forfeit the item to the other bidder. I think that talking to the person may waste less of my time than going at a bidding war using money I don't have. If talking didn't work battling could be a suitable alternative.

I turn around to look for the voice who just won the last pair of scarlet eyes that was on the market... I make contact with someone in a gray cloak but I can't identify any face. The security guards open the unprotected glass case and someone comes to hand the winner the scarlet eyes. Immediately after the eyes were handed to them they scurried out the door in a hurry. My heart beat tenses up and I see a pair of eyes in front of me but not in my hands. I can't let them get away. I had to get the eyes back.