🎵

Melody's POV
After leaving the restaurant Kurapika decided it would be best for us to take a cab. I personally thought the subway would be quicker but I decided not to argue. Something was up with Kurapika and he's been acting strange ever since he'd gotten to the coffee shop. I didn't bother to ask but I could sense it. His heart beat's given off a vibe that there's something on his mind but I couldn't pinpoint the exact emotion. It's almost as if he has a secret he's trying to hide.
I assumed that it had to do with the eyes and I would find out eventually. My best guess what that he was scared to tell me he'd be leaving me after we "cure" the sonata. I don't mind if he leaves since I expected but part of my hopes he'd stay. I'm not sure why I thought that though since he's clearly on a mission. Someone like me would just in his way. I'm surprised he's hung around me for so long already.
I forced myself to focus on something else but my mind wouldn't move. The more I thought about it the more I wanted answers. I knew I couldn't ask but I couldn't help but wonder.
I looked over to Kurapika to find him fidgeting in his seat. Something was going on and I needed to know what. I noticed him talking on the phone but I realized that it was too quiet to hear. He was whispering as soft as possible and I didn't want to strain myself trying to listen. I thought it would be best if I waited for the cab to stop and decided to make my move.
"Is something bothering you?" I asked politely trying to avoid any unpleasant response.
"Actually yes," he replied getting out of his seat.
I watched as he made his way towards the door before heading out.
"Kurapika! This isn't my stop!" I yelled at him hoping he'd just turn around and get back on the train.
"I know," he said as he faded into the crowd.
I don't know why he left and I don't know if he's ever coming back.