Kurapika's POV

My eyes try to adjust to the darkness around me but I fail to see anything. I hit something slimy and begin to see light as I fall through it. I force the substance to tear to make my fall quicker and I feel the dark aura reappearing. I eventually escape and land on my feet in a small dungeon-like room.

I look around to see more symbols and crosses scribbled around the room. I then notice shelves and tables loaded with books, potions, and bottles. I see a large safe in the corner and assume that's where the sonata sheets were. I turn to the wall behind me to see a towering bookshelf covered in ancient scrolls, bibles, and the eyes.

I count them quickly in my head to find only 7 pairs. One was missing.

"What's wrong?" Melody asks, noticing my panicking.

"Nothing's wrong, I should be going now. I'll take them and leave, I don't mean to cause you any trouble." I say in a rush.

"You're no trouble but I can tell you're lying to me. Something is clearly wrong," she says kind of sad that I lied to her.

"There's still one set of eyes left, I'm not sure where they could be," I say with a slight pout.

"Oh, don't worry about that. I doubt they'll be too hard to find. And there's only one pair left, it's not like there's 20 left."

"You're right. I'm just worried knowing they're out there." I admit.

"If I may ask, what do you plan to do with them?"

"I'm waiting to have all 36 pairs so I can perform a proper ritual used in my clan for cremated bodies. While their bodies weren't cremated like many of the elders I still feel like they deserve the right ritual.." Melody nods and we have a moment of silence to think about the Kurta.

"I have an idea of how we can find the last pair of eyes" Melody chimes in after the silence.

"What's your idea?" I ask curiously.

"You have a hunter's license right?"

"Yeah, why?" I ask confused.

"Isn't there a website for hunters that lets you dig up information on things like this? Maybe it has some information about who has the other pair of eyes.." I nod in agreement but wonder how I didn't think of this. Maybe having Melody around wasn't such a bad idea.

I sign into one of Melody's underground computers and swipe my hunter's ID before gaining access to the website. I search up "scarlet eyes" and a few images come up. I check to see if the holder put it up for auction or sold it recently but I found nothing.

I begin searching deeper to find the "holders" section. I click it to see a picture of a small figure in a cloak holding a pair, (Melody) and a picture of me before I finally find something. According to the website, there had been known data on the other person holding the eyes but it wasn't pleasant

The appearance of the auctioneer was unknown but he had quite a profile. They were known for collecting various valuables and hiding out in some type of gang. It is reported that the person abandoned their gang and is hiding out alone since it was too dangerous to stay in the group. This person is also known to have many enemies due to a lot of stealing and blackmailing.

I was hoping for someone easier. I search for a name but still manage to find nothing. Melody asks to see the computer for a second and a hesitate. I'm not sure why I do but I did. It's not like I don't trust her but I just can't trust anyone at the moment. That's why it was easier to abandon everyone to travel alone.

"Found something!" Melody says enthusiastically. I turn around after some quick thinking to see that she's found an address.

"How do we know it's their actual address?" I ask suspiciously that the website would have this information.

"We don't. But if we don't check it out we'll never know!" She says with a smile.

"Any idea where the address is?" I ask trying to be open minded to this whole idea.

"Heaven's Arena, not too far from where we are now.."

"Great, I'll head there immediately, " I say ready to leave. I had to find the last set of eyes immediately. If the website was right, this owner was dangerous and on the run. Who knows how long he would be at Heaven's arena. If they were even there in the first place.

Melody shows me a quick exit out and shows me a nearby subway leading straight to Heaven's arena. After a short ride we get off at the station and I make the decision that I had to do this on my own. If the enemy was even an enemy they could be dangerous and having Melody there wouldn't be the best idea.

"Melody, I need to do this on my own. Would you mind?" I ask trying to sound as polite as possible.

"Wouldn't you like backup? You never know what's going to happen in an unknown encounter," she says upset that I was trying to turn her away.

"I am aware that this could be dangerous. And that's why you can't come. I don't want you to get hurt."

"Okay, I will respect your wish," Melody says sadly turning around and heading back onto the train. I feel bad for a moment but realize I made the right choice. Having a partner would only slow me down. And I couldn't slow down. Not until my here was done.

I take a quick cab to Heaven's arena and flash an officer my hunter's license before they let me in. I ask someone at the front desk about the specific room the auctioneer was staying in.

"I'm afraid that I can't just send you up there. You must have granted access from the person there or you must battle your way to the top."

"How high are they?" I ask assuming that they wouldn't be too high. A collector wouldn't spend all of their time at Heaven's arena.

"I'm afraid that the person you are looking for is a floor master. To reach them you'd have to battle quite a bit." She says doubtfully.

"How would I gain access to the room?" I ask not wanting to waste time in pointless battles.

"I could call up to the room right now if you would like."

"Go ahead," I say risking it. The woman begins talking to the person on the other end for a bit before she asks for my name. Do I lie? I decide that it would be better if I didn't.

"Kurta" I reply to her question. "Kurapika Kurta."

"You have gained access to this person's room. They said to head right up and they'll see you shortly!" What? Why would this person randomly accept me to visit them? I decide to stop asking questions as I hit the elevator button and head up to their room.

I reach what seems like the top of the floors and a dark aura hits me. I've sensed this before but I'm not sure where. I shake it off but it gets stronger with every step I take. I eventually make it to the door of the auctioneer. The aura practically ripping my face apart.

"Who is it?" I hear from the other side of the door.

"Kurta, Kurapika Kurta," I say calmly. The door begins to creak open and I stare into the eyes of the man before me.

"What a pleasure to see you again Kurapika."

"Chrollo Lucilfer?" I say in shock.

"Oh don't be surprised, take a seat and come in. I'll make us some tea."