Chapter 21 Summer Getaways

Começar do início

We went swimming after breakfast. “Seriously Cate, is there any chance you’d ditch Dylan and date me instead?” Seth inquired for the nth time, giving me his version of the puppy dog look. He has been pestering me all morning.

I am sitting poolside with Seth. My legs are dipped in the water. “Nope. I only have eyes for Cranky.” I declared, ruffling Dylan’s hair. He is resting his head on my lap. Dylan smirked at Seth.

Seth frowned. “You’re so perfect for me.  How do I find another you?”

“Oh you’ll find one who is just perfect for you. Don’t fret.” I assured him. He is still not convinced.

Jessie came by with a plate of grilled hotdogs and sausages. We easily devoured them, washing them down with smoothies. We’re spoiled little brats this summer. Jessie loves spoiling us since we usually do not stay at the villa. Heck, I was even away for six years.

“Jessie has agreed to come with us to Manhattan.” Aunt Lily said. She is sun bathing in the corner. “I finally got her out of her comfort zone and agreed to look after you while you’re in the city.” She continued turning to me.

“Wow, that means I get to have fantastic breakfast each day.” I said happily.

She nodded smiling. “You know she loves spoiling you.” I nodded in agreement. I love Jessie. She is like a mother to me.

We swam and sun bathed the whole day.

~*~

“I want to go somewhere else next summer.” Seth suddenly said. A week has passed with us spending each day swimming by the beach or on the pool, riding our bikes, wasting time by playing video games or just chatting.

I read books or sketched while Dylan and Seth played billiards in the game room. We have also driven back to the city to go to fairs and watch movies at the park and even a concert with their friends. We are running out of things to do.

“Any great ideas, Seth?” Dylan asked raising an eyebrow.

Dylan and Liam have told me a story where Seth dragged everyone to Spain to chase after a Spanish senorita. She happened to give him a fake address so they never really got to see her. They ended up backpacking across the whole of Spain the entire summer. At least they enjoyed the view, the beach, the food and its culture. They went home without any senorita for Seth.

“Why don’t we go to Tuscany next time or in Saint Remy?” Seth suggested. “Or go to some other beach. I’ve seen all bikini babes in the Hampton area.” He whined.

“Hmmm. We could go to California.” I suggested. “We have a house there and we can drive to Malibu or any other beach.” I added smiling. Dylan looks like he is seriously considering my suggestion.

“Let’s do that next time.” Seth said happily. “We don’t have to mope in the lake house anymore just ‘cause you’re already together. Right, cranky?” He turned to Dylan who just smirked.

“Right. We should plan our next vacation. There is a vacation for all of us and there should be a vacation just for us.” Dylan said, pointing to himself and me on the second part.

“We’ll go on a trip? Just you and me?” I asked excitedly. He nodded, smiling.

“Ian allowed me to go before, right?” I wondered aloud. I actually think he did. He knows Dylan and he knows how responsible he is. I just have to remind him that he already allowed me to travel with the boys.

Dylan scratched his head. “We need to wait ‘til you’re 18 before we could go. During the Christmas break maybe? I think I could convince Ian to let you go.” He said confidently.