36| How Can I Not Forgive Him

Start from the beginning

"Do you think she will like it?" He questioned hesitantly as I blushed like an idiot.

"Of course bhai. Trust me, she loves Machboos and kebabs. I am sure the sakhana would be delicious too." I stood by the door and heard their conversation regarding the Omani cuisines that Humza was cooking, apparently for me.

My palms began to sweat. He was doing this for me. He was really trying so hard.

"I am dependent on you girl. Hopefully... " He was in mid sentence when I coughed making my presence known to them.

Nabiha immediately jumped off the counter while Humza turned around abruptly, straightening his posture. His eyes scanned me from head to toe while I did the same. The side of his mouth twitched into a gorgeous smirk enlightening my world.

"You are finally awake." Nabiha smiled and I barely nodded my head. I ambled further into the kitchen.

I am supposed to be angry.

I regained my posture and walked beside Nabiha. "What are you guys cooking?" I asked while removing the lids from the covered pots placed on the counter only to find sakhana in one of them while the others were still empty.

"Well it's not me. It's your darling husband who decided to cook for you." She chuckled deeply and no matter how much I wanted to squeal, I didn't.

I felt his scrutinizing gaze on me but I avoided meeting his eyes.

Make him desperate. I chanted in my mind. "So what else is there?" I clasped my hands together as I waited for Nabiha to enlighten me. I wanted to hide my happiness.

"Ask your husband. I'll leave now." She rolled her eyes at me before leaving me alone with him.

I turned around to look at him but he was busy cooking. Watching your man cook is such a turn on. His hair was messy and I wanted to caress it's silky strands. I Waited for him to say something but he didn't. "So anything special today?" I finally spoke again while leaning back on the counter and folding my hands to my chest.

"I am cooking for you." He walked to my side and took the empty pots with him. He began to fill it with the kebab that he had been cooking.

"Don't you think it'll be too heavy for breakfast?" I walked beside him to help him.

"I know but Nabiha said you liked it." He replied sweetly. "You didn't have to do this." I said.

"I want to make it up to you. You are still walking around with my kiss." My heart rate sped up at his words and I felt heat rushing to my cheeks.

"Here let me help you." I began to take the skewers to empty it in the pot but he soon took it away from me. "You can't help. Just watch." He groaned and I gave it to him again.

"I am hungry. Is it done now?" The aroma was so tempting, I could barely stop myself from eating it like a hooligan.

"Yes! Why don't you try some?" He put forward the 4 pots and I hungrily plunged on it.

He gave me the spoon and the first thing I tasted was the Sakhana and honestly, it was the best soup I had ever tasted. I savored the taste without giving away my reaction. "Nice.." I mumbled and he sniggered.