19| I Was Never The One To Obey

I W A S N E V E R T H E O N E T O O B E Y

W O R D C O U N T: 2129

I am extremely sorry. I know I am late. I was busy, after all it's ramadaan

I stared at my roof top as a lone tear escaped my eyes

I stared at my roof top as a lone tear escaped my eyes. My life was miserable and despondent. I had caused misery to Uzair too. "You have to get ready. The guests will start arriving soon." Maliha heckled my trail of thoughts while folding my clothes neatly.

"I don't want to go." I replied, my voice sharper than ever. Almost a week had passed by and I had no news of Uzair's well being.

The only good thing that happened was that soon after the 'forbidden thing' had happened, Humza left the town for some business purpose. I had not seen him ever since. I guess my lie had worked on him. He thinks he wasn't my first but I don't understand how that must have ticked him off. As far as I know he detests and loathes me.

"If the party was to be held at some other place, you could have done that but you know it's being held in this house itself." Maliha started placing my clothes in the wooden wardrobe.

"What is this party even for?" I huffed, frustratedly.

"I am not quite sure but maybe it's because of some deal Humza bhai grabbed." She answered thoughtfully.

I found myself slowly turning around, away from the comfort and solace of the large cream walls, as I now stared at Maliha only to find her staring back at me, her eyes narrowing at me.

I heaved a dejected sigh.

Fine!

After half an hour, my skin didn't look pale anymore. Instead it was dazzling and scintillating. I don't know how exactly she did it but Maliha was a pro at make up.

I looked pretty good as the golden eye shadow with flecks of black on it, made my eyes stand out more. My lips were now a shade of red which made it look all the more plump. The gold earing was also a plus point.

My dress was a 2 piece. The long navy blue skirt was decorated and enhanced with golden beads and sequences. My top which reached just above my knee was also of the same color, decorated in the same manner. I further added my matching hijab to it and well let's just say that I looked better than before. Whoever bought this dress for me had a great choice for sure.

"The guests are already here. We have to go down now." Maliha spoke anxiously. She was too excited and thrilled. I was never the one for parties. I didn't like much crowd and I definitely didn't like attention. To add to my misery, I had to face him today as well. I was going to ask for my phone though. How did I survive without it so far was beyond me.