Chapter 12 - Derek POV

Start from the beginning

"No it's okay, I was gonna tell you anyway."

I took a deep breath and started the explanation, only pausing a second to appreciate the sun rise.

***

"This is all because of me?"

He stood up and started pacing.

"Who the fuck does he think he is? Kicking his son out for supposedly being gay? Without actual proof? Not that he needs proof cuz it's not fucking okay in the first place, but what the actual fuck?! And even if you were gay, what does it fucking matter? It's not like being gay is contagious! You are too good of a person to be kicked out of your own home like that! At least now we know that your father is a worthless piece of shit. I hope you know that I would never shut you out for something like that." He turned to me with the last sentence.

"I sure hope not," I muttered to myself, but gladly Collin was too absorbed in his rage to hear me.

Collin suddenly grabbed my arm and hoisted me up to my feet.

"Get in the car." He commanded.

I got in the car, unsure of what was to happen next.

***

We pulled into the parking lot of the nicest hotel in town. Collin practically dragged me to the front desk.

"Hi, can we have a room?" Collin sweetly asked the lady at the desk.

"Yes, of course. How many nights will you be staying?"

"We're not sure yet. Just keep charging my card until we check out."

The lady nodded her head, and got my room ready.

As we walked down the hall, I confronted Collin.

"Why are you doing this?"

He ignored me, and unlocked the room. We stepped inside to see one of the most fantastic hotel rooms I had ever seen.

I looked over at Collin, whose face was expressionless. He handed me my key card, and promptly walked out.

"I'll be back in thirty minutes." He stated and walked off.

***

After about fifteen minutes of waiting, I decided to get some air.

The street was buzzing with traffic. I walked on the sidewalk aimlessly. I got caught in a daydream, and before I knew it I ran into someone. A very little someone. I looked down to see Luna, smiling very brightly at me.

"DER-BEAR!"

"Oh, Luna! It's so good to see you!"

I pulled her into a tight hug right as our mother walked up behind us.

"Hello, Derek." she said with pursed lips.

"Come on Luna, the movie's about to start."

"Oh yeah, Der-bear. Mom's taking me to see Finding Dory!"

"Oh really? Well you should get to it so you don't miss it." I said with excitement.

"Okay, but I have a secret to tell you."

"Okay." I said and leaned in.

"I think I like girls," she whispered, albeit very matter-of-factly.

She hopped down and ran to catch up with our mom.

I stood there in shock.

***

I was laying on the bed in my newly acquired room. When I heard a knock. Figuring it was Collin, I hopped up to open the door.

My suspicions were correct. He waltzed in, carrying arms full of groceries.

I looked at him in shock.

"Okay first the hotel room, and now this?" I question.

"Is it bad that I care about you?" He asked playfully.

"No, but that doesn't mean that you have to do this."

"Well I felt that I should."

I grabbed his shoulder and turned him around, careful not to step on any of the groceries now laying on the ground.

"Why do you care so much?" I asked gingerly, hoping my voice was soft enough.

He sighed and looked down at his shoes, while twiddling with his fingers.

"I'm guessing you want the real answer, and not some excuse?" he said.

"Yes, of course. You can tell me." I whispered.

He sighed and took a deep breath before slowly saying,

"I think I'm in love with you and I hate to see people I love getting hurt."