-14-

😊

Opening the door I walk out the room letting my mother in. With a smile she whizzes past me and I pull the door closed. I don't know what Mario wanted with my mom but I hope it didn't take long. There was a lot we had to talk about mainly Zyler, but also King's behavior. Making my way into the main hall of the pack house I go grab a snack from the kitchen then head to my fathers office. Pops was staring at me with one eyebrow lifted, mouth wide open.

"What," I ask walking in plopping down on the couch.

"Hi princess, I thought Mario was awake?" Pops says pulling off his reading glasses.

"He is but he had to talk to mom about something." I say stuffing the Flamin' Hot Lay's into my mouth.

"I see. What are you eating," Pops asked with a slight smirk across his face.

"Chips," I say shrugging.

"That's new." Pops says looking back down at his paperwork.

"Yeah, I thinks its a faze." I say grabbing the apple juice. Half an hour goes by before mother walks in with a big smile.

"Hello LaShay dear, hi honey." She says walking over to pops kissing him.

"Sasha, looking good." Pops says smiling up at his mate. Giggling I roll my eyes at them, standing he hugs her and they walk over to me.

" LaShay we need to talk to you," My parents say at the same time. I hated when they did that it was creepy.

"What is it? Is it bad?" I ask with a mouth full of food.

"Not at all princess," Pops says sitting next to me on one side as my mom sat on the other.

"It's a good thing, but there is something unusual about this that comes with being mated to a king werewolf." My mom says with a soft smile.

"Oh okay what is it?" I ask stuffing my face with more junk I grabbed from the kitchen earlier.

"Do you remember learning about the different prophecies?" Pops asked.

"Yeah nana use to tell me them," I say putting the food down on the table in front of me.

"Well there is one that is called; The King's Adolescents," my mom said.

"Okay what does it say?" I ask totally clueless.

"Kings shall bare their first born, those who will destroy the world und those who will save it. Beware of thee company kept, beware of thee overstepped. Ye do not know who is who, yet ye shall meet out the blue. Together distinguished, but disconnected brings doom. Heed thy words, protect thy child. For they will come looking for thee marked children." My parents say at the same time. They explain what the prophecy means to the best of their ability.

"Okay, why does this matter?"I ask and my parents, who look back and forth at each other before my dad speaks.

"Because  Mario is a King, and as his mate...." Pops says before my mom starts talking.

"Ummmm, you are pregnant with Mario's child." My mom states after s long pause.

"WHAT?" I say appalled, my hands automatically going to my flat belly.

"How do you know?" I ask looking back and forth between them.

"Well, you smell different." My mom says with a soft chuckle.

"Is it that strong?" I ask embarrassed.

"Not at all we are just your parents and we notice everything." They say in unison.