-13-

Word count: 1245

Opening my eyes I noticed I was surrounded in total darkness. It took a moment for my night vision to kick in before I could see clearly. I was in wolf form. Shifting back I notice I was in the hospital, but why? Tossing the cover off my legs I freeze when I hear someone in the bathroom. The door slowly opens and my mate walks out, the moment her eyes meet mine she's running and throwing herself into my arms.

"Shhh it's okay why are you crying what happened?" I croak my mouth felt like sandpaper.
"You were shot with darts and it's been eight hours! Why have you been out so long?" LaShay cries stuffing her face in my neck.
"I don't know. Wait who the fuck shot me? Where were our guards?" I yell out getting a bit upset.
"They were dealing with rogues, they tried linking you but the couldn't. This crazy guy did it.... ummm King destroyed a lot of stuff..." She says softly throwing that last part in there.

"Damn this is my fault, I shouldn't have lost control." I say rubbing a hand down my face.
"Is that why people do what you say?" She asked quietly as she got up and handed me a bottle of water.

"Kind of, when I'm upset King takes over and it's a inner battle to regain control. He is usually angry because I have stressed so much that I've lost control over my emotions. And he has felts them to the point were he goes on a rampage." I say softly, kissing her cheek as I pulled her back into my arms.

"What were you thinking about?" She asked leaning back to stare at me.
"You, where is your mother. I need to speak with her privately." I say remembering Kings words.

"I'm sor-"
Cutting Schatz off I speak again.
"Don't, you did nothing wrong. It's something else. How are you feeling?" I ask kissing her softly.

"Honestly I'm pooped, I don't know why I've been sleep for the past three hours." She says handing me a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. Smiling softly I kiss her lips, "thank you for taking care of me."
"It's my job." Schatz says with a shy smile.

"It is, huh?" I say to lighten the mood.
"Hush, my mom is about to come in." LaShay tries to leave but I grabbed her and kissed her lips softly.

"I love you." I say looking into her eyes.
"I love you too." She says opening the door for her mom and walking out.

The moment LaShay is gone her mother runs to me.
"She pregnant!?" Luna Sasha says excitedly.
"You smelt it?" I ask lifting my eyebrow at her shocked. I figured I could smell it being I've been to the source and its embedded in my nostrils.

And on our taste buds, King adds with a wolfish laugh.

"Yes and she has never smelt like that before. I was gone ask her but she has no clue." Sasha says smiling like a fool.
"Her wolf, Chanel is hiding it from her. I need you to tell her. Also our child is a prophecy child. I cannot explain what that means to her without freaking out like I did this morning." I say rubbing my hands down my face frustrated.
"The ones who will change it all? Oh my." Sasha says with a slight frown.
"Yes ma'am." I whisper quietly.

"Well, how far along is she?" Sasha asks sitting in the chair across the room. Thinking.
"Maybe a week or two, the changed just happened but it varies with each pregnancy." I say speaking from a medical point of view.

"I'm going to go talk to her. Her dad knows, she is with him now. I've told him to keep her so we can both talk to her. He is freaking out. I'm going to re-watch the camera footage later on, I will save it for you two to watch. I know its hilarious! He just makes the best facial expressions. Alright son thank you for letting us have this moment." She says quickly laughing at her own words.

"No, Thank you." I say as we leave the hospital room.

Making my way to the front desk in the pack hospital, I have them set up a room for an ultrasound. Once everything is set up I ask them to leave the room untouched as I go to upstairs shower. By the time I'm showered, dressed and talked to my men about what went on LaShay is mind linking me.

"Rio?" Schatz called out to me.
"Yes Schatz?" I answered heading down the hall.
"Where are you?" She asked shyly.
"In the pack hospital. Would you like for me to come to you?" I ask her not knowing if she was okay or not. She was blocking me.
"I'll come to you." She says quickly.
"Okay, I'll be in room seven." I says before I felt her cut the link, blocking me completely.

She doesn't think we know, how cute. King says with another wolffish laugh.
"Eww stop that its creepy!" I yell at him.
What? King asked walking up and down creating a spot to lay.
"That wolf laugh!" I say laughing.
ThAt WoLf LaUgH, fuck outta here dude. Just take care of our babies I'm going to sleep. Oh and Chanel is doing better now that she knows and is being more cautious. King says before laying down.
"Thank you, we will talk about what happened later." I say as I got everything ready for Schatz.

It took Schatz twenty minutes to get downstairs before she finally walked through the door.
"Damn what took you so long?" I say jumping out of my chair to examine her. Once I was done I turned her to me and put my hand on her hips. Pulling her to me I kiss her softly bitting her lip.

"I was uhhh- taking my time?" She asked.
"Well what did you want to talk about?" I ask pulling her over to the table. Lifting her up I place her on top.
"I ummm-," she starts to say but doesn't finish. Staring off into space she looks at me and takes a deep breath.

"Damn stop blocking me baby just talk, it can't be that bad." I say trying to get her to just tell me so we could celebrate.
"I don't know if I want to tell you." She says softly.
"What do you mean?" I ask frustrated.

"I mean so much comes with this, I don't think I'm ready to share it just yet." She says and I frown.

"Well you should just tell me." I say stepping in between her legs.

"Wait why are we here?" LaShay asked looking around.
"Because I was doing something and you wanted to come to me." I state the obvious.
"Oh, well I'm... I can't. I'm scared."
She said looking up at me with tears in her eyes.
"Baby, ändert sich nichts, was Sie sagen eine Sache zwischen uns. Sie wären überrascht."
(Baby, nothing you say will change a thing between us. You'd be surprised.)

"Mario...," she breathes.
"Yes?"
"I am pregnant." She whispers so soft, I almost missed it.
Leaning down I connect my lips to hers and kiss her with everything in me.

"You knew?" She asks shocked once she regained her strength from the kiss.

________________

Vote
Share
Follow
Comment

ARAYAIK🌹