Chapter Eight

Song for this chapter is 'I Don't Love You' by My Chemical Romance, provided on the side. Enjoy~

That Thursday afternoon, the now daily 'bonding time' was willingly planned by Ciel. He had set up a quaint luncheon in the garden behind the manor, exclusive to Grell, Madam Red, and himself. Unsurprisingly, Madam Red was ecstatic to hear this news. She was overjoyed that her nephew was finally opening up to her and coming out of his shell. Although it was doubtful, she hoped she had helped set him on the right track to becoming his old self again, the happy child he was before his parents tragically lost their lives to a fire. Before that, Ciel had always been close to Madam Red, but after losing his mother and father, he shut his aunt out, not wanting to lose her as well.

Madam Red leaned back in her chair and smiled, her eyes sparkling in the afternoon sun. She, along with Grell and Ciel, sat around a circular table in a clearing of the garden. Sebastian stood watchful over his master, serving the three nobles slices of chocolate cake adorned with cherries for dessert. Her eyes wandered over to her nephew, a faraway look occupying them. "Ciel," she started, her voice soft and sweet. "This is so incredibly delightful that you were able to spare the time to arrange this, it's quite lovely. Thank you."

Ciel took a sip from his tea as he looked up to face Madam Red. His uncovered eye widened with the compliment, and the faintest hint of a smile could be seen pulling at the corners of his mouth. "You're welcome." He answered, sitting his teacup down on a saucer. "It's the least I could do. It's a nice day outisde, I thought it would be a good day to have an outdoor lunch."

Taking note that Ciel and Madam Red were deep in conversation with one another, Sebastian took the open opportunity to ask Grell a quick question. He leaned over her shoulder, pretending to refill her glass with tea. He was close enough to her that he could whisper to her without anyone overhearing. "So, what are your thoughts of your mother discovering... well, you know what."

Grell smiled, her eyes fluttering shut as she contained a giggle. "It makes me a lot more comfortable that she's alright with our love," she whispered back, her voice fleeting and barely audible. "But we still have to watch out for Ciel, he'd probably be ready to whip out some punsihments. With that, I suggest you return to your job before he becomes skeptical." she added, giving a slight nudge to the butler to further prove her point.

He chuckled, his trademark smirk sneaking onto his lips. Sebastian gave a small bow, his head leaning low enough to whisper in Grell's ear. "Of course, anything for My Lady." His lips brushed against her earlobe, giving her an inconspicuous kiss. Blush dusted her cheeks lightly as Sebastian straightened up behind her, smiling down at her.

All was at peace in the garden, until another individual came rushing in. "Oi, Sebastian!"

The dark-haired butler turned around at the sound of his name. He saw Mey-Rin bounding toward them, waving her hand in the air. He let a small groan escape, he wasn't expecting an interuption. Although irritated by her sudden arrival, he walked in the perky maid's direction. "Mey-Rin, what a surprise. What brings you out here?"

Mey-Rin stopped once she had reached Sebastian, panting hard. Instantly, he suspected she had run from wherever it was that she came from. She adjusted her glasses and looked up at Sebastian, her breathing steadying. "M-Mister Sebastian, t-the Spears family made an unexpected visit this afternoon. They asked for Madam Red, yes they did. Do you think it would be possible for her to excuse herself and see what it is that they need?"

Sebastian pondered on the question. The last meeting with the Spears's hadn't gone very well, and he wasn't sure as to how this one would play out. He turned to see Madam Red, chatting away with Ciel and Grell. "Excuse me, Madam Red?" he asked. Although he had only called for one of them, all three of the noble's attention turned to Sebastian, their eyes falling upon him. "I believe the Spears family has dropped by, they wish to see you."