11

When the day had started, Josh did not for a second think it would end with him bloody and aching because Tyler was a dramatic little bitch. Really.

Josh had cleaned himself up as best as he could before wiping the blood off the floor and muttering to himself about how fucked up this entire thing was. He knew he should have never gotten involved. He shouldn't have let himself become attached again. And yet here he was, dealing with the consequences again.

Hopefully Tyler gets his head out of his ass and realizes what the fuck is going on.

What Josh didn't realize was that Brendon would ask questions and he really didn't want to get into it. So when his roommate bursts through the door, talking about how he needs a nap before his next class, Josh stays quiet and on his side of the room.

"Josh," Brendon whines, walking over to him and dropping down on his bed. "Cuddle me. I'm needy."

Josh swallows and turns to face Brendon only to have him stare for a fraction of a second and roll his eyes.

"Should I be surprised?" Brendon asks sarcastically, bringing a hand up to rest on Josh's waist, pulling him down with ease. "Let me guess, Tyler had a gay epiphany freak out."

"How did you..." Josh shakes his head, banishing the thoughts. "Doesn't matter. Almost got it spot on. He didn't tell his parents we're friends again so then I kept pushing him to admit he's gay and well." Josh points to his face. "Didn't go as planned."

Brendon snorts. "I don't know why you bother with him."

"Because I lo-" Josh stops, lips pressing together in a thin line. No. No, this can't be happening again. "You know why."

"I know," Brendon sighs, getting comfortable when a soft meow is heard from under the bed. "I just wish you wouldn't have fought in front of your son. The psychological damage he just went through..."

"Yeah, he'll never recover from that." Josh rolls his eyes and watches Brendon close his. "Did you set an alarm?"

"Yes," Brendon groans, opening one eye. "Can't miss theatre. Wanna come watch me?"

"Sure, whatever," Josh shrugs and closes his eyes. "But first, nap."

"I like the way you think."

---

The thing about being a theatre major is that you're surrounded by two categories: the dramatic dreamers or the stoner assholes. There wasn't any in betweens. You either wanted to make acting into a career or you were there for shits and giggles because your parents had money.

Josh knew Brendon took his acting seriously, he was always singing for fun, he even made Josh listen to him practice accents sometimes, making him critique how good or utterly horrible they are (Brendon tried doing a Scottish accent once; they never talked about that again). When Brendon got a role, he always prepared for it and wanted to give the best performance possible. He had dreams of being on Broadway, was the thing. That being said, just 'cause Brendon had aspirations didn't mean he didn't get stoned in his free time. Obviously.

It was in times like this that Josh wishes he had popcorn though, because watching Brendon - and the other students, but mostly Brendon - singing and doing their choreography and just overall acting always blew his mind. Today they had been assigned a few scenes from the Hamilton musical to learn and perform, which Josh had heard Brendon singing offhandedly. There was always mistakes, but Josh never noticed them until Brendon explained it to him later and of course the show must go on even with the errors. They just gotta move past it and pretend it didn't affect anything.